General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

LovelyGirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Breeder?

Post by LovelyGirl »

Hey guys,
Okay so I really have been looking for a great chow breeder that has been guaranteed not to be a puppy mill or anything like that. Who is trust worthy and responsible. So I decided to ask you my fellow chow owners. Where did you get your chows from? I am prepared for getting one and have been ready for a while now so hopefully I can find one soon.

Oh yeah if you have any suggestions I live in South Dakota so the closer the better. Thanks
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Chow Breeder?

Post by wokman »

Katann Chow Rescue of Southwestern Minnesota may still breed Chows. They have a few Rescues that are young last time I looked. AKC Website list breeders by location nearest to you. Puppyfind.com list breeders of all types and locations around the country though not all breeders listed are honest. :(
SoDakotaRose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SoDakotaRose »

Our black male came from Watertown..they are their family pets....breeder is Dan McKee. My husband stopped there just last week and they have a new litter...several different colors I have a picture on my cellphone he sent me.
We also had a female that was a descendent but we unfortunately lost her to a car.

Our present cinnamon female came from Omaha. We are considering breeding in the spring.
Stella
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stella »

Acovio Chows in Crook, Colorado. The breeder is eccentric, but she loves her furbabies and they are as sweet as can be.

A quote from her: We raise wonderful AKC chow chows w/ good temperments. We aren't a puppy mill
& the babies are handled from day 1. Look over reviews & we have references. If
you want a lover & not a fighter call, we are known for our babies great tempers!

970-580-2940, ask for Jeanette and tell her Claudia & Stella sent you! She ships babies too. Puppies priced are for pet quality. She has a litter on the floor now.
Tyekidd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tyekidd »

I can second the recommendation for Acovio Chows. I got my puppy from Jeanette about 2 months ago and he is smart, playful, and affectionate. He does not have any of the negative traits of the breed that I was concerned about. Jeanette will take the time to go over any questions you have and will follow up with you to make sure your puppy is doing well. Her care and knowledge for the breed is obvious.

Here's a picture of my puppy, Graham, taken not too long ago. He's gotten a bit bigger since this picture:
Graham.jpg
Graham.jpg (82.3 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
-Lan
Stella
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stella »

Super cute puppy and he will grow into a sweet, sweet Chow, my Stella is amazing with kids, other dogs, other people.
Congratulations!
debker
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by debker »

Graham is gorgeous, I got my chow from Jeanette as well his name is Jaxson.
Attachments
Jaxson 4 months
Jaxson 4 months
week of Apr14-18 005 2.JPG (15.49 KiB) Viewed 8463 times
debker
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by debker »

Jeanette is great, and very passionate about her fur babies, we got our Jaxson from her in March, so I think Graham could be Jaxson's brother.
cindyc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cindyc »

We also got our little girl from Jeanette Acovio in Colorado. She's a great breeder. Our Mia is 4 years old now and we still keep in touch and share Christmas cards, etc. She was so amazing to deal with. Our dog is typical chow! Beautiful, well behaved and loves our family...but mostly, she thinks is the most special thing here on this earth!! We love her. You can also find Jeanette through puppyfind.com and search for Colorado.
slettenlambs6
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by slettenlambs6 »

We got our chows from Dan I know he had some pups available last week. We won't have any until after the first of the year.