My Little Lilly

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: My Little Lilly

Post by Me & Tess »

So, I just read some of my stories about Lilly. It has been a long time since I posted. So many changes. More stories about my dear girl will come, slowly so I can savor them once again. I still miss my girl, every day. Lilly had a heart of a lion, so brave was she. We learned to communicate with each other. We sang each others songs. More on that soon.
wrat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wrat »

I know its been a few but I offer my sincere condolences for your loss, its my hope you continue to share your stories and keep her memory close
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

When I posted about Tess & Me, the posts were scattered memories. So, with Lilly's story I will continue in that style. A funny memory; My husband would go on bike trips in the summer and Lilly and I stayed home to "guard the homestead." One evening we were up in the loft, I on the computer, Lilly by my side. It was almost time for my husband to call and check on us and for me to know he was alright. The trips were many miles to go and many miles to come home. I told Lilly that Daddy will be calling soon. She looked at me and protested with big loud growl. Lilly & I learned thru the years of how to communicate with big loud growls, wee little soft growls & growls in between.
wrat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wrat »

Denali and I would have conversations as well it was quite interesting, no other dog to this day has communicated like that with me
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

I am not sure why I stopped posting on My Little Lilly, as I call them now "The Lilly Diaries." I am going to have to reach for the memories from 2015 on. I am disappointed in myself. Lilly & I, well, we both got old. Stories to come: The Fire on the Ridge, August 7, 2017. Mike, Lilly & I & our adventure. We were all braved those trying days. So very proud of my little Chow-girl, and I miss her so very much.
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

January 24, 2019 (Four years ago.)
Lilly woke up at the Creek of Ever Flowing Waters the place she loved the most. The last thing she remembered was her mum holding her next to her chest. She heard her mum's heartbeat, she felt her mum's tears on her face. She heard her mum's voice, telling her how much she loved her. Lilly knew love from her mum, she had made her way to her thru many unkind and uncaring humans. She had to trust her. She trembled at first & her mum held her close. What she saw before her was a Rainbow Bridge where her dad had placed one that he had made. There were bright happy colors. She felt a beckoning to cross it. There she found a big black Chow-girl. She heard the name in passing from her mum and her dad. It was Tess, her soul sister. Buddy & Adele were there to help guide her way. They told her that this was not the end. That when it was her mum's & her dad's time they would all be together again.
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

March 7, 2014

Lilly & I went on our first walk of the morning. She likes to go over to the creek, but has been venturing north east across the creek. It's like the forest-prime-evil back there and makes me a little nervous. West side of creek safe, east side of creek wild. She jumped over a huge log (a downed tree from our big wind storm this past year), very agile for a little chow girl with short legs. I didn't follow her but tried to keep a close eye one her. As I walked south, I lost sight of her. All of a sudden Lilly jumped the log, was growling and barking, went past me a little ways and stopped and barked towards where she came from. She stayed pretty close to me & barked at stopping points. Not sure what critter she saw. She has no fear of deer, no fear of Moose, so I can only guess. Staying away from that area for a while. I was pleased that she just didn't run off and leave me. She is my good Lilly girl.
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

March 11, 2014
We moved furniture around this morning. Mike's mom always did that, a good way to start spring cleaning. Lilly was upstairs while we were doing the moving. She came down looked around and gave a growl & promptly went back upstairs. I don't think she likes change.
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

March 21, 2017
I tried one of the "intelligence" tests on Lilly. I took two cookies, one her favorite that takes a half of a day for me to make. She actually drools for it. And I took a coconut oil peanut butter cookie and made her sit and stay a few feet away from me. I showed her both cookies and put them down, one on the right of me and one on the left of me. I told her OK and pointed to the coconut oil peanut butter cookie and she took it. Then to her favorite cookie on the right. Yum! Smart girl!