tough day

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

tough day

Post by Ursa's daddy »

It must have been pick on Malachi day today. First thing in the morning, Ursa was feeling frisky when she got up, so she started the day by pulling on his mane. I took her out, and came back up to the bedroom. He was laying next to the bed. I got down beside him and started to pet him. His tail was just under the the bed, and Bunny (cat) decided that pulling on a dog tail was a good play thing. Later this morning, he went to kiss his mother, and Maggie, the rat terrier, got jealous and jump up and bit him on the lip and called him names. She can be such a B.... Poor baby. This evening, I got with him in the breeze way and spent a while brushing him. He is starting to shed, and it seemed like he enjoyed being brushed.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: tough day

Post by chowpups »

Poor Malachi, I was bit by a rat terrier once myself growing up (our family dog huh only dog I was ever bit by , spitfire personality for sure) . Malachi was probably glad to get away and get brushed by Dad. (hope the shedding is normal and not from being stressed by the others..haha) Some NICE one on one was a good Idea..Have a better day today Malachi..
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Oh Geroge ... poor, poor Malachi. Hope he has better days and can put that one behind him. Double purple kisses from the boys!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Chowpups, he is shedding because it is really springtime down here. The low for tonight will be 65F (18C) Azalea are all in bloom. The geese pass overhead headed north this morning. The other night, Cleo came in the breeze way wanting to get in on the action. Malachi barked at her, which is highly unusual. He told her it was an "A" and "B" event and she could "C" her way out. LOL.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Your low is almost our high for the day...And keep those geese down there, they are destroying our lawn up here, now that There is no one to chase them away..LOL
I think Malachi has found a voice..sounds like fun to me..
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Poor Malachi. Those big soft hearted males will take so much bullying from everyone else. Darkwind was like that, Firesong would try to drag him across the floor by his mane. He'd just put up with it until she grabbed skin then he would chase her. But he never actually globbered her and he could have so easily.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Yep, he is the only male dog, so he puts up with a lot. The cats don't cut him much slack either.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Aww poor boy...my two send him purple kisses :)
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Poor fella. At least he got some good brush time. The new foster came fresh from a bath, and he is very pretty, but of course, it triggered the seasonal shed and you can pull tufts like pulling tissues from a box. The more you pull out, the more that pops up. Loved your ABC saying...lol.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Auddymay, Dillon is beautiful. Malachi's undercoat is light grey with a reddish tint and the roots are almost white. You are so right about the little tufts. Everywhere I see the white, I pluck out some fur. I had just brushed both of them before I took the flower pictures, so they look presentable. I had a big ball of fur that I wanted to put on Maggie and see what a woolly rat terrier looked like.