Tiberius and his birthday weekend adventures

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Tiberius and his birthday weekend adventures

Post by TyChowgirl »

I have to share this with the rest of the forum because Tiberius and I have had a WONDERFUL weekend. We found his brother's owners on youtube and then on facebook and have kept in contact with them through out the year. They only live about an hour away from us and we had always talked about getting the boys together for a play date. This weekend we got the boys together in Viginia at Barrel Oak Winery (which is not only tasty and amazing, but uber dog friendly as well!) for their first birthday celebration. The boys bonded almost immediately and like long lost brothers played like neither of us had seen either of our boys play before. A chunk of the vineyard is fenced off near the patio and the dogs can be let loose to roam that whole section and play. They took off and explored together, jumped, wrestled, etc. And showed nothing, but happiness. The rest of the night they laid close to each other (something Ty only does with his buddy Dexter) and kept an eye on each other all evening. They shared food, water bowls, and treats too and acted like they had never been separated. We then met up again at Elkrun Winery in Mt.Airy (only about 20 mins away from Frederick) for a final play date and goodbye, although they weren't able to be off leash. I will post pictures or a link to the ones Keith (Chrysalis' dad) took of them all weekend. Unfortunately, they will be moving the Louisianna this summer :( so we're going to squeeze in as many play dates as possible. It was such a joy to watch them play and to see how they bonded. We shared their quirks and qualities which seem to be the same in many aspects (who'd have thunk it?;) ) and I was relieved that they shared the same view of the breeder that we did. (They had almost infact took home both the boys the day they bought Chrysalis). They are interested in another chow eventually, but probably after they move and I've referred them to Valhalla chows since they'll be down that way. Either way, I'm looking forward to some more time spent with them and their lovely chow. I can't wait to see the pictures myself!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Tiberius and his birthday weekend adventures

Post by chowpups »

That is such a wonderful story of two brothers,,I would love to see siblings being reunited. I almost took Sasha's sister Nina ( another cutie) last week, I thought it would be nice comparing sibling stories, but our vacation plans wouldn't be very good for a puppy. So, again I had to let another pup pass..this one was tough I really thought Nina was the one. ( it's also my sisters name how ironic).
can't wait to see pics.
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77004601@N05/ Here they are! There are a lot of play pictures...and they made it hard to get good shots of them both at the same time. But they were having so much fun so there's good ones of each of them at some point or another.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Great shots and you can really tell they look like brothers..And act like it too..Great place where the shots were taken also.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Thank you so very much for sharing Tiberius' birthday weekend adventure! What a great time for all ! Just reading about it and then seeing the pictures was almost as enjoyable as if I had been there in person. Just looking at those pictures I could see the excitement and fun the two furry brothers were having with each other. \:D/ How great for them to see each other and to be together again, even though for a short time. =D= Better than birthday cake & ice cream. :)

Happy belated birthday Tiberius! :D