PRINCE

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

chow315

PRINCE

Post by chow315 »

hi its been a while since i was here. my princess died in sept 2011. i've been trying to heal. i got another chow puppy right after princess passed away. this was a little boy 6 weeks old looked just like princess. we named him prince.well he had a neurological problem called shaky puppy.the vet said to put him down that he did not have a chance. well stubborn me i wanted to give him a chance at life. so we loved him and fed him the best food etc. he was adorable. he had the sweetest face and always looked happy.we socalized him and he never met a stranger. he was a real charmer he would go to everyone and kiss. he was the sweetest little boy. well wednesday he didnt come to greet us. we thought that was very odd. when we went to feed him he had already died. it looks like he died in his sleep. the vet said that with his problems on waking up he probably had a seizure and died. he said it was probably very quick and painless. so now my heart is broken again. but i'm glad he got a chance to live :cry:
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: PRINCE

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I'm so sorry. At least he had a great life thanks to you. My heart goes out to you!

Godspeed Prince!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this. He had a very short but very nice life with you. It sounds like he enjoyed every minute and was lucky that you did all you did for him. I don't understand why vets are always so quick to recommend putting them down. I am glad you didn't listen to them. Now it is Prince's turn to be with Princess.
chow315

Post by chow315 »

thanks for your kind words. we are not now sure it was a natural death. we got a puppy who is almost the same age as prince was.a day later he started acting funny. we thought he was grieving. now we're not sure he's not eating or playful. we have a doctor appointment monday
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

That is even more awful. Please let us know what the doctor says about the other puppy.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I am so sorry to hear about Prince. It sounds like you gave him a wonderful life while he was with you.
I am not clear if it is today or next Monday you have an appointment but I wouldn't hang around if you are worried. Finger and toes crossed and sending you healing thoughts...please keep us posted.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

My thoughts and prayers are sent to you at this sad time. Losing just one furry friend is so devastating and then to lose another one so close afterwards is beyond comprehension. Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart for what you have gone through. Please try to find comfort in the fact that you did all you could for him and he had a good life even though it was for a short time.

Please keep updated and let us know what the vet says about your new puppy.

Sending you a warm, comforting hug.

Take care

Pam
chow315

Post by chow315 »

hi thanks for your kind words. prince my chow chow had a seizure due to his neurolological condition thay was his cause of death.champ my little chow mix had parvo he died in 2 days.we were at the vet at 7;45 am . he was treated shots and meds and lots of instructions. he had just been started on his puppy shots. he was a little younger than prince. we went to give him his medicine and he had passed. i'm heartsick. i'm only glad he didn't suffer for very long
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Oh my aching heart!!! I've been away and am so very sorry for your losses. {\o/} hugs to you ... may your angels find our Kimba and Rocky for some zoomies over the Rainbow bridge. There are many here, too, who have loved and lost so there will be a big zoomie fest up there.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Oh my goodness! I am so-o-o sorry to hear about your puppy passing away especially after recent losses of Princess and Prince. My heart goes out to you. As I mentioned before when you lost Prince, losing one furry kid is so devastating and then to lose another one so close afterwards is beyond comprehension - and now you have lost a third. Words fail to come as to what I can only imagine how you are feeling now. :cry:

You are in my prayers

I am sending you a warm, comforting hug.

Take care

Pam
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

I am so sorry for your losses, its tough to lose one no matter how long they have been in your life.

I always try to find some positive out of a negative and that everything happens for a reason (if our Belvedere hadnt passed so young we wouldnt have had Leo) so maybe you should think that someone somewhere is giving you direction to adopt an older chow...not necessarily senior just not a young puppy.
Prin315!
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Prin315! »

i am back now as Prin315!. my current chow is named Krillin. we got him from the dog pound and he was already named. he is very healthy although he had an entropin.that was fixed and he is a delight about 7 or 8 now. good to be back