Some saturday morning fun...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Some saturday morning fun...

Post by kitten1426 »

We got a few inches of snow today..so we took a little video of our pups in the snow...Kodi is the black chow he is 8-1/2 months old..Mia our female chow is 1 yr old...Bear is our Airedale he is 8-1/2 months old...Shelby our Male collie...he is 10 months old.....They really seem to love the snow...lol....Hopw you enjoy the videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Mikt2j ... er&list=UL
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Some saturday morning fun...

Post by cherriemater »

Oh ... my ... goodness!!! Too, too cute. You know there's fun to be had when there are butts in the air! I also enjoyed your giggles.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Thanks we have a blast with our pups...we love them so much.....
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Love how Codi brings Bear down! :twisted: And Bear's so cute too!

They're all so young! Did you get 4 dogs at about the same time? :shock: You're brave! Do you walk them? And if you do, can one of you walk all 4 or do you always go out together?
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Sarahloo wrote:Love how Codi brings Bear down! :twisted: And Bear's so cute too!

They're all so young! Did you get 4 dogs at about the same time? :shock: You're brave! Do you walk them? And if you do, can one of you walk all 4 or do you always go out together?

Thank you...We got Mia 1st she was 12 weeks old...in the End of Feb..when Mis was 4-1/2 months old we Got shelby he was 9 weeks old..And one month later we Got Bear at 6-1/2 weeks old the nest week we Picked up Kodi he was 7-1/2 weeks old...so yea we did get them all at the same time kinda...lol..we thought get them young together..and we can do all the training together...we talk them for walks I take 2 and my Fiance she take the other 2 or we take one each depending on were we go or how long we go for a walk,..Bear and Shelby can walk for a long time...Kodi and Mia then tend to poop out a little quicker then the other 2...lol...

As for Kodi taking down Bear. was being goofy...He usually pounds them lol...Bear is almost 90 lbs Kodi is close to 60 lbs Mia is 45 lbs and Shelby is close to 60 lbs too....There all young..Bear,Kodi and Shelby have some growing to do yet...
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Thanks for answering all my questions! :) I'm still a little worried about walking two dogs soon, and I'm really interested in how other people manage!
I love Airedales. I'm not usually a Terrier person, but Airedales I like. Is it true what I read about Collies, that they are as stubborn and independent as Chows?
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Cute! Glad to see Ty's not the only one who goes for the rearend ankle bites...A lot of the dogs at the park bring that out in him and they don't like it. I don't either and try to correct it, but I guess that's how he plays?
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Sarahloo wrote:Thanks for answering all my questions! :) I'm still a little worried about walking two dogs soon, and I'm really interested in how other people manage!
I love Airedales. I'm not usually a Terrier person, but Airedales I like. Is it true what I read about Collies, that they are as stubborn and independent as Chows?

Anytime if i could help let me know...We do have 4 young pups and its hard but we manage...lol..Also i would say shelby our collie isnt independent,HE is a little stubborn tho but that could be because he is young and going thru his terrible 2's....lol...

I love Airedales i had one when i was a kid and a collie thats why i have them now and My fiance had chows so thats why we have 4 ...lol....our childhood pets...
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

TyChowgirl wrote:Cute! Glad to see Ty's not the only one who goes for the rearend ankle bites...A lot of the dogs at the park bring that out in him and they don't like it. I don't either and try to correct it, but I guess that's how he plays?
Yeah both our chows do that...ankle bitters but the Airedale and collie dont seem to mind they all play well together they have been together since they were very young...they all sleep in the bedroom with us sometimse on top of each its funny to see...lol
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

wow, gorgeous!! :)
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

Luv the video. So funny that Kodi seems to strategically plan his zoomies & lets the others do most of the running.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

bellachow wrote:Luv the video. So funny that Kodi seems to strategically plan his zoomies & lets the others do most of the running.

Yeah he doesnt run much ....lol...Him and the Airedale are one day apart age wise,....Kodi was born May 2nd Bear aka airedale was Born May 3rd...so there 8-1/2 months old..Our female Chow she is very active she runs crazy and fast her and Bear always play...So does our collie he is a little more cautious in the snow tho he is 10 months 0ld and our female chow is 1 yr old....
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Fun video. Makes me miss my own collie. You will find that chows are independent and will develope selective hearing loss, collies on the other hand are experts at revenge. They'll do what you want and then find a way to pay you back. I would tell my collie to do something, or make him behave while I brushed him, (I was 10-11 years old at the time) he'd do it, we'd get the grooming done, then he'd go outside, dip his huge feet in his water dish, run around so his feet were muddy then come into the house, (someone else would let him in) he'd go right to my bed with it's nice WHITE bedspread and walk all over it! My mom would put him out side while she cleaned or something, and he'd bring her one of her roses--the whole bush. And just so you know it's not just ordinary every day collies that pull this kind of stuff. Lassie IV was left home alone when Rud and Mrs. Weatherwax went some where. Lassie got lonely, so he went and opened the runs for all the other dogs, then opened the refrigrator for them, (he'd been shown how to do all that for the show) They came home to a house full of dogs, (mostly collies) and an empty refrigrator.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Thats funny...LOL this is my second collie I had one growing up Actually my parents got him while i was still in my Moms Belly...he was like 6 months old when i was born he lived til i was 14 yrs old i grew up with him when he passed away we got an Airedale...He was great Nothing like Ours Now...he Huge compared to my old Dale..And still growing...When i met my Fiance she grew up with chows..Her parents raised and showed them..so we decided to get our Childhood pets...LOL...Yes 4 young pups..were nuts..LOL...And yes Our Collie is like this...he and Kodi the black chow have a little disagreement and Shelby aka our Collie doesnt forget it for days...LOL...so yes i know what you mean....
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

kitten1426 wrote:...He was great Nothing like Ours Now...he Huge compared to my old Dale..And still growing......And yes Our Collie is like this...he and Kodi the black chow have a little disagreement and Shelby aka our Collie doesnt forget it for days...LOL...so yes i know what you mean....
Yep. For a time some people were breeding small collies, they were a lot smaller than they were supposed to be, but many had severe problems with their eyes because of it, also were very nervous etc. I'm glad they are breeding them back to size again, my Blaze was over 80lbs he was a very big boy.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Victory wrote:
kitten1426 wrote:...He was great Nothing like Ours Now...he Huge compared to my old Dale..And still growing......And yes Our Collie is like this...he and Kodi the black chow have a little disagreement and Shelby aka our Collie doesnt forget it for days...LOL...so yes i know what you mean....
Yep. For a time some people were breeding small collies, they were a lot smaller than they were supposed to be, but many had severe problems with their eyes because of it, also were very nervous etc. I'm glad they are breeding them back to size again, my Blaze was over 80lbs he was a very big boy.

Shelby he is 10 months old 26-1/2 inches at the shoulders an 60 lbs.Im sure he will reach 75-80lbs full grown..His Dad is 85 lbs and His mom is 75 lbs..He comes from pure show lines Tartian side Kennels...His Dad is a champion,Mom,GrandMother....etc..etc..lol...The only reason we got him was he couldnt be shown..His left eye never fully formed while he was in the womb...He was born blind in that eye...he doesnt know it.lol..His right eye is perfect so needless to say thats how we got him,..He is a beautiful dog...just that one flaw..DIDNT mean anything to us we love him just the way he is... :mrgreen: