Hi there new here...2 Chows

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

MikoNSuki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hi there new here...2 Chows

Post by MikoNSuki »

Hi everyone,

I figured I would stop and introduce myself. My family consists of myself, my husband (Jim), our children (Damon-8, Lana-6, and Ophelia-3, and expecting a new baby in may 2012). Our furry family members consist of 2 Chows, Miko is 6 years old and Suki is 7 months old. We also have a Red eared Slider (gross) and a Red Foot Tortoise named Judith.

I honestly couldn't ask for better dogs in my life, especially Miko. She has been the absolute BEST family dog I could have ever asked for. I found her in the Detroit Newspaper for sale, i was looking for a chow chow specifically as I grew up with them and absolutely loved them. She was from a private home who had an oops litter, she was one of 4 puppies and they were not selling, I took her home at 16 weeks old, and she had never been in the house. I met the mother, the father had been sent to the pound, and the 3 other puppies the man refused to let me just have went to the pound the next day where they were euthanized on arrival. (I tried to get them before they were put down). Miko was the only lucky one of the litter, and she has been amazing!!

Suki I also purchased from a local breeder, and she is in that awkward stage right now. She has this funny mohawk on her head and she is a bit more high strung than Miko. Miko adapted well to her and Miko assumed the position of alpha dog with Suki. They sleep, eat, lay around, play, and guard the house together.

I will try and get some new pics of them...but Miko sees the camera and refuses to look at it. Suki wants to lick it. hahaha. Neither are akc or ukc , and i couldnt care less. They are great dogs, and I will always have chows in my home. <3
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Hi there new here...2 Chows

Post by cherriemater »

Hi there and Welcome!! If you got your pup in Day-twa I'm assuming you're also a Michgander!! Yay!! We live in the upper-lower and are waiting (anxiously) for our chow-baby to be born down in Sterling Heights. You will find lots of helpful peeps here and I can't wait to see pictures!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
MikoNSuki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MikoNSuki »

OOO a new PUPPY!!!!!! D'AWWWWWW!!!! I die of Chow Chow. That is awesome. there are two breeders here in Monroe County, where I live that breed them. I am a Michigander, but live hours from you. Who is the breeder in sterling heights? When are you geting the pup. I wish Miko would sit still for a pic, but everytime she sees the camera she runs which makes me crazy! hahah. i will try really hard though. Miko is a Cinnamon, short hairXlong hair mix, and suki looks weird right now and has a mohawk. hahah. I always had chows growing up, and I will always have them. <3 <3 Had my heart early on.

Great meeting a fellow michigander :)
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

When I worked down in Detroit for a while (The Ferry Street Inn) we used to joke with our Sales gal who lived there that Ohio gave up Monroe and Michigan gave up Toledo. (Ha ha ha) That was a long drive for her every day and I think she ended up getting a job back in Monroe later on.

Pennyschows was the breeder, but we've been on the list for almost a year now. We were waiting for the latest litter for a blue (got my heart set on a blue chow) but they only had cinnamons, so we're waiting for the next one. The waiting is a KILLER!!! But, we're pursuing many avenues to fill our home with a lovely bunch of fluff.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Cute!

Good luck on the blue, the breeder we got our bears from has only had ONE in 15 years!!!! Sheeesh, talk about rare wonders! I believe she has 8 people on a waiting list as well.

Oh well, they all have blue tongues!!! ROFL