General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

crickle_22
Rank 1
Rank 1

KODA'S MEET and GREET!

Post by crickle_22 »

Hello everyone!

We met Koda's potential adopters yesterday and I have to say that they were just so wonderful! They were really nice, knew a lot about chows and I could really sense that they have good hearts! To make things even better... Koda didn't seem to mind them either! He was still a little reserved, but would let them touch him, would play with the husband with a stick and seemed to enjoy their company. I didn't think it would happen... but it did. He did amazingly well.
We met them at the lake near my house and they got to meet Koda and see how he does around an busy environment... with people walking by and ducks and swans around... Koda didn't even bark, or show any signs of defiance... he just sat and watched the people go by. (they liked that about him)... they saw that Koda is a GOOD boy and I really think they want him. They are going to call me soon with an answer as to if Koda is the dog for them... I really hope so.
They seem to be the best place for him, and they are willing to keep in touch and let us come see Koda when the time is right (and he has bonded with them)... just the fact that they are willing to allow us to still be a small part of Kodas life.. even if its just by email updates.... means so much to me.
Just as I expected though, after the visit... I was a big mess... I cried the entire walk home because my dog is closer to leaving us and I know now that he is going to do so well.. and he is going to be soooo happy with them. But its breaking my heart... its bitter sweet.. Im so happy we have found these people, but now that the time is coming... Im finding that I occasionally have to remind myself to breathe when I think of him leaving us. :(
This story is going to have a happy ending for Koda.. and that is what is important.. and I'm greatful
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: KODA'S MEET and GREET!

Post by Cocoa »

So glad to hear that it went well. It will be great if Koda goes to a home where you can keep in touch.
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

I'm glad his meet and greet went well! I can only imagine how hard it is for you but at least they'd let you know how he was doing instead of sending him off somewhere and never hearing a thing about him again.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I think a childless/older children family is all Koda will need to be a consistent good Chow citizen. As much as you all love him, I was looking at your Chows and kids photos and could see how things might go badly in the blink of an eye. As hard as it is, try to detach yourself, and say a mantra like 'Koda will live a great life' and after all, that is the end goal. I do not envy you your hard choice at all, though! You are showing great maturity and utmost responsibility for your boy.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Any updates?