Knock Knees

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Blackbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Knock Knees

Post by Blackbear »

Our eight month old boy looks almost like his hind legs have knock knees. The knees dont actually knock but from the knee down the splay a little outwards. He has been vet checked(twice) and nothing was said of this. He has basically been like this since we got him but it has gotten more noticeable as he has grown. Does not seem to affect him at all but I am a little concerned about this later in life. Has anyone else seen this.
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Knock Knees

Post by Merlin »

Blackbear wrote:Our eight month old boy looks almost like his hind legs have knock knees. The knees dont actually knock but from the knee down the splay a little outwards. He has been vet checked(twice) and nothing was said of this. He has basically been like this since we got him but it has gotten more noticeable as he has grown. Does not seem to affect him at all but I am a little concerned about this later in life. Has anyone else seen this.
It's basically just a conformation fault ( much like a horse with sickle-hocks). He may grow out of this ( mostly), but it won't make him a bad dog, just a dog not worthy of the showring that's all. You can help by making sures he's on a quality diet not lacking in essential vitamins and minerals.
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Blackbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Knock Knees

Post by Blackbear »

Thanks Merlin. I suspected as much.