first menstruation

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

j3ffry
Rank 0
Rank 0

first menstruation

Post by j3ffry »

Riko just had her first menstruation. And my mum was asking me if do I have plans on getting her stud?

Is it safe already? this is only her first menstruation and i think she is a bit young.

Need your advise guys.

Thanks!
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: first menstruation

Post by Merlin »

Ok AuddyMay, here's your opportunity to show me where you or any moderator of this site preaches responsible pet ownership.
I'm sitting back here and waiting.
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Of course she is too young! :shock:

What are you wanting to do - make money from your pet. :shock:

Would you encourage your 11 yr. old daughter to go and get pregnant when she started menstruating? =;

I suggest you research the breeding of a bitch extremely well - there is more to breeding healthy puppies than taking a bitch to a stud - what does your mother want - to stand and watch your young bitch get mated - then wait for the money to roll in? :evil:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
sugimoto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sugimoto »

Get her fixed. You need to be responsible for her well being. If your mini pinscher is intact, he could impregnate her in the future. Also, she may not like to be mounted and could become agressive with him once again. Your mother will most likely not like having Riko menstruating and being in season in her home. Add to that, Riko is already a mixed breed chow. You are not bettering the breed but contributing to an already overly burdened pet population in your country. Her future children could end up in the shelter and euthanized or worse wondering around the streets in your country. You said you loved her very much then take her to the vet and have her fixed.
j3ffry
Rank 0
Rank 0

first menstruation2

Post by j3ffry »

Of course she is too young! :shock:

What are you wanting to do - make money from your pet. :shock:

Would you encourage your 11 yr. old daughter to go and get pregnant when she started menstruating? =;

I suggest you research the breeding of a bitch extremely well - there is more to breeding healthy puppies than taking a bitch to a stud - what does your mother want - to stand and watch your young bitch get mated - then wait for the money to roll in? :evil:
you are over reacting grandma. relax. take a deep breath.

I didn't say my mum was pushing me to have her stud. we are CURIOUS so we ask question. and also because we have two male dogs in the house that's why we have to protect her from them.

we don't care about the money. actually we don't need money. it's not our priority.

but i think you have to calm down. it's not good for your health. and for the site. easy now lola...