Hi From Australia

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

memphis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hi From Australia

Post by memphis »

I am currently researching and looking for breeders in Nsw, Australia for my first Chow puppy!! I am so excited was wondering if anyone new of any reputable breeders in Australia, what the pricing is for a puppy, what to look for etc, i also have a 5 yr old so Ive been reading there good with their family etc. Any advice would be much welcomed and appreciated!! These are the most adorable dogs i have ever laid eyes on and Ive wanted one for so so long just been waiting for the right time and that time is now!!!
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Hi From Australia

Post by Merlin »

Hi Memphis

Welcome here and thanks for taking the time to resource a quality breeder.

Your best starting point is to contact the \chow club of Australia and ask them for a list of breeders who have signed their code of ethics.
http://chowchowclubvic.com.au/

Their website is pretty loaded with information and will define the chow chow standard for you and let you know what to look for in a chow.
Quality breeders focus on health and temperament and will offer you a written guarantee and a lifelong return guarantee. Always remember that you get what you pay for too.
You might even check to see if there are adoption chows available too. I'm sure there are, and they make absolutely fine entry level companions, especially if you are a first time dog owner.

In this way you will be put in touch with people who work towards the betterment of the breed and risk less of buying a chow from a back yard breeder or from a breeder who's sole interest is profit making.
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

Hi
I'm in Qld and I found a list of breeders on dogzonline.com.au
They have registered breeders all over Australia and NZ.
Chows are amazing!
You may have to go on a waiting list as there aren't too many breeders of chows here.
Definately worth the wait.
Good luck
Michelle
Blackbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Blackbear »

We are in Hobart and have only bought chows from Tsualin in Melbourne. Very good breeder and has high ethical standards. You will pay around $1500. Worth every cent imo but you may have to wait depending on what you want. She mostly breeds reds and blacks. Hope this helps.