Hello... Hello is this thing on?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hello... Hello is this thing on?

Post by Larry Harris »

Hello Friends,

OMG so much has been going on here. Chows continue to fall out of the sky we have never seen so many in need. Taking care of as many as we can is keeping Terrina and me very busy and has not allowed us much time on line.

Just dropped in to say you are all in our hearts and we miss the daily cc.org fix. Still have a house full of Chows under foot and are very grateful for being able to help. In the terrible times throughout the world so many pets are suffering. We are working closely with groups here in Michigan with pet food pantry programs and helping people who have or are losing their homes keep their beloved pets.

One big thing we did achieve this year is we are now 501(c3) and also registered on eBay as a 501. So if you auction add us to your list of donations tlcrescue@tlcchowrescue.com

Back to work it is time to feed the kidz, keep us in your prayers that we will be able to help Chows until there are no more that need to be saved.

Larry and Terrina Harris
http://www.tlcchowrescue.com
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Hello... Hello is this thing on?

Post by fillyok »

Good to hear from you Larry. I was wondering if the homeless Chow epidemic was everywhere...guess so. We've had them coming out our ears here in South Texas. I transported eight to WTCR in the past month and a half. I know one was adopted almost immediately. Unfortunately, there will be more to take his spot.
I'll keep you guys in mind the next time I put something on ebay.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

It's good to hear from you Larry. I know you and Terrina are doing all you can to help the chows. It does seem that there are more than ever that need homes.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I imagine with the huge layoffs in the car industry and You being in Michigan, it is almost a nightmarish number of dogs including chows that are ending up in the shelters

David
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

So glad to hear from you Larry. I was thinking about you guys last week. Haley went to apply to be a volunteer at Noah Project, and I was wishing you guys were a bit closer so she could volunteer to help you guys, instead. But, we did tour through the cat area. About 70 cats, some did not care to meet us, but most clammored to get our attention. I was even fearful that one big Tom was going to launch off a shelf to get to me, he REALLY wanted me to hold and pet him. I went over and he walked into my arms, instead. So many animals in need. If I manage to get my car repaired, I will be happy to have Haley and I come help with your Chow chores a few times a month. I have been busy trying to launch my new business, putting together scrapbook pages and all that Jazz... I wish I could just send some dough, but it is in short supply these days.