Hello everyone! Willow and Lori

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hello everyone! Willow and Lori

Post by willowchow »

Hi there everyone. I haven't been able to keep up with the forum for the past few months. But, I'm doing some catching up.

I thought you'd like to see a picture I took about a month ago of Willow and I.

She is still in remission from her immune disease called IMT. She's on no medication at all since December. And, she went in March for follow up blood work and everything including liver values came back great! She's gained back all weight she had lost and then some. So, no worries there, I'm actually trying to get her to loose a few lbs. Her coat is all grown back too and she's more blue than when we started! So, I'm so happy and thankful for each day with her.

She's had a couple of very chowy episodes that I know you all will appeciate.

The first one, I accidentally dropped her leash and she dashed across a park street back to the trail head we had just came from running toward a elderly man and his very small dog! I didn't know what was going to cause the heart attack first, her running across a street (a not busy street, but still a street), what she might do to the man, what she might do to the dog!! But, what does she do, she gets to him, stops, looks up at him (he's now holding the dog) and smiles that chow/bear face smile at him!! OMG, CHOWS!! She's smiling while I'm in shear panic that this old man will freak out at the sight of a chow running at him and his dog!

Her second little adventure was on Easter when she broke the tie out at my mom's and wandered around sniffing everyones mailboxes for who knows how long! I saw her across about three acres and got down on the ground, slapped the ground with my hands and called her, PRAYING she would think it was a game! And, thankfully, she did. She thought it was big fun to do the biggest zoom of her life back to me.

She's not a young dog and I prayed she would be well. But, I think she's going thru a second puppyhood or something!!

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Hello everyone! Willow and Lori

Post by Sirchow »

What a beautiful girl. She looks like she has the wisdom of the world in those eyes they are so expressive. There is certainly life in the old dog yet! It sounds like she keeps you on your toes. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Great stories. She looks good on that pic - I love her grey face - very pretty :D
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

I'm glad her health is back to normal.
And thanks for the picture and the stories. Willow is such a funny girl! :D
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It is nice to see you and Willow back. I am glad to hear she is her old self again. I can relate to how you were feeling on the escapes...especially the second one, where you needed to keep your cool and hope your plan worked (mine are usually semi-successful).
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

It's great to hear Willow is doing so well! She sounds like the typical chow!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

That's excellent news about Willow! Yay!

Cute pic :D
Thank you Elodie!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Glad to hear from you again, and double glad to hear Willow is doing so much better.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am glad she is feeling better, she has a noble look

David
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Thanks everyone! And, now I'm off to catch up on the forum!!
:D
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Nice to hear from you again, Lori...Willow is looking beautiful as always - glad to hear she is feeling better!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Lovely stories of a lovely girl. Thank you for sharing. These are the stories that show what funny sweet creatures our chows are. :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)