Battle over Kane the Doberman

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chris

Battle over Kane the Doberman

Post by chris »

So, a few days ago Steel and Chief actualy got into a fight over Kane the Dobe next door. Steel just wants to play with Kane, but Chief for some reason HATES Kane. So, they must have been arguing ..."boys"... Here are some pictures of Steels battle wounds. (yes, of course they have made up... Chief even licking steels wound)

Friends Again "brothers" ;-)

This picture makes Steel's wound look really bad... it was infected but Hubby took care of him. :-)

chris

Re: Battle over Kane the Doberman

Post by chris »

does Steel look like he is getting old..or is it just me? LOL shhhhh... I didn't say that.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

So Chief got upset with Steel being friendly or they just got into a frenzy and Steel was bitten? That must have been too scary! Nahkohe went after Shiloh over a raw bone and it scared me - hence, no more raw bones. Glad they are friends again.
Is Steel getting some gray or is it just the picture? Shiloh started getting a gray "beard" a few years ago and she will be 6 this year.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Poor Steel boy he looks so sad. I think chows are good at looking sad but he has good reason in this case. I'm glad I didn't have to break that one up. Chief is a handsome chap. He looks as if he is making sure Steel doesn't try to sneek out and see his friend!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

poor guy, he was just trying to be friendly. I hope he heals soon

David
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

chris wrote:does Steel look like he is getting old..or is it just me? LOL shhhhh... I didn't say that.
The Blues do have faded masks, but Steel doesn't look well or happy in those pics. Chief probably feels threatened about pack hierarchy.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lily has a scar on her muzzle, courtesy of Pip from this winter. Sometimes tiffs happen. It is encouraging that it broke up on its own. Steelo looks as spry as ever, maybe needs a lil' brushing, but otherwise, okay! \:D/
chris

Post by chris »

LOL, I just totaly groomed him for 3 hours. And then he went out in the rain and was playing with Chief... hence the "bed head" looking fur. Steel always looks like that excpet when he greets you at the door or is playing outside.. (sad look) look back at his pictures when he was like 6-8 months old.. even a year old... the ones on the stairs... he has a "grumpy" face. :lol:

Chief is posessive over Steel and Roxi. They belong to him, and I think he doesn't like it when Steel and Kane run up and down the fence kinda playing and trys to get in Steels way. I have no idea why Chief doesn't like Kane, but maybe you are right about the "hiarchy" pack thing Kiwani.
chris

Post by chris »

ps. Steel doesn't take to kindly to his photograph being taken... HATES IT! you have to sneek them.
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

chris wrote:...Chief is posessive over Steel and Roxi. They belong to him....
I was going to say that Steel looks like Chief's hostage in those pictures, and that a thought bubble over Steel's head would say, "help me, somebody help me please..." He really doesn't look happy/well to me, sorry. Almost like a thyroid thing going on...tragic expression, dry coat. I rarely view the picture forum, and mostly read the site with graphics turned off, so he looks a lot different now.
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Poor Steel. I'm with Kiwani, Steel has got that "mummy, help me" look. Leonora gives me that look when she is hurt or when she wants me to tell me something. Do give him a big hug from us.

Leonora & mum
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Chris how old is Steel now? I do see some thinness to his fur especially the outer edge of his ears where the skin is showing through, also has he lost weight his face looks thinner too. Might want to get him in and have him weighed also have some blood work done, if he has thyroid problems it could affect his weight, and his coat, as well as his emotional state.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
chris

Post by chris »

I'm pretty sure Steel weighs the same, however I am unhappy with is coat the past yearish. (I think his ears have always been like that). But his coat is dryer and doesn't seem to grow or be as nice as when he was younger. Could it be cuz he is outside ALOT more? I haven't changed his food. Do you guys really think I should take him in? He has to go in anyway for his check up. I will have them draw blood and check. To me Steel seems happy. He and Chief are out there playing right now. Steel usualy starts it too.
hmmm, now I'm a little worried. :-(
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Have the vet take an extra bit at his heartworm draw.