Chows and Feet!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Chows and Feet!!

Post by TJordan »

Butters has always sat on my feet. Or he will stretch out and lay on my feet. I love this. But last night he fell asleep on my feet and he is so heavy both my feet fell asleep!! But I would never move him, I always let him stay as long as he likes!

Do your chows lay or sit on your feet?
SweetPea Rocks!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Chows and Feet!!

Post by CoraP. »

Yes, Molly sits on our feet too. I love it! They keep you nice and warm! I hate to get up and disturb her too, but I haven't had my feet fall asleep yet!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes Milly comes to sit on my feet sometimes and I feel so honoured!! :D She also will jump up and lie by my feet when we are in bed then I have to move my legs over.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Tippsy lays on them in bed but otherwise doesn't much care for contact. A lot of times during the winter months I wish she would just plop down ont hem. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
chris

Post by chris »

Steel.... he is a lap dog....Try driving like that :shock:
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Hmmm? Sounds sweet for the feet!
Maybe, I'm a Drill Sargent, but I don't allow Colonel to lay on me.
For one thing, he would hurt me!
However, since my feet are always freezing, I'm about to re-think
the foot warming idea! LOL
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Carter will lay/sit on our feet. He also thinks he's a lap dog. He's very cuddly. He will always sprawl out on our bed, generally on his dad's side of the bed.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Holden is a big time foot sitter on-er. It's especially cute when he thinks he's protecting me from something :lol:
ImageImageImage
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

Chen is definately a foot chow! However, he likes to lay on the feet of our company, I havent' decided if he does it to be close to them or to keep them here. Chen loves people and will whine at company if they don't pet him and pay attention to him, somone should have told him he's a chow! He does not lay on our feet very often but on occasions he will, I allways have to warn company that they will get a foot warmer wether they like it or not!
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

You guys have to learn the mind of a Chow, they are laying on your feet to make sure your not going anywhere. Laying on your feet is trapping you in one spot so they can catch a quick shut eye knowing you can't move with out them knowing. Same thing with all the entrances, Notice how they always lay right in the middle of the entry way of what ever room your in or they lay blocking the front door so no one can leave with out them knowing. Its not a love thing, you guys are being held captive you don't move unless they know it. Its called Guard dog no one leaves or enters with out them knowing.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I think you are perfectly right Jeff but I still kid myself on it is affection.
Similarly, when we are in the garden in the summer, Milly and Mabel tend to lie and watch us - one, one way and one the other thus covering all ways of departure . They know then exactly where we are.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Oh I agree as well Jeff, I have always thought it was so I can't sneak out of the room!! But I still think it is sweet!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Karla »

Jeff's on it - keeping tabs measure, Mika must at all times be between me the entrance to the room I'm in, she shifts between them if there's two in the room, god help her if its more than that... Mika won't lay on my feet but she will tolerate me putting my feet under her ONLY if I don't mess up her fur and don't move (must be "just-so"); if I pull a singular hair or mess it up AT ALL, she'll get up and give that spot a good once over, cat-style, give me a huffy look and plonk back down away from my feet... love chows
Karla and Mika
ImageImage
bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellabear27 »

Bella doesn't lie or sit ON our feet but she often sits near them though she does have a strange fetish for licking our feet. it's a little weird sometimes do anything to get at your bare feet, strange girl...

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

When it comes to licking Bramble's a back girl! Every time you bend down to get something out the cupboard she pulls your top up and gives your back a once over. Feet will do if the back is unavailable. Visitors are never quite sure what to make of it. She also leans heavilly on your legs if you stop walking or sit down.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Yep Jeff, you nailed this one!!! =D= =D= =D=
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

Ming sits on your feet constantly. Well, he does mine anyway. Plus, he'll lay up against you if he can, he usually likes to lean up against something and even when he's laying down, he's butted up against something. Sometimes Tempest! He comes in really handy in the evenings in the dead of winter while I'm watching TV...

We'll have company and he'll do the same thing to them!
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

oh wow...bear does that too kate..he sleeps at the door of whereever shes sleeping..directly across it.....hes never gotten up on a bed tho..i think his back prevents him from being able to get up there....
so hes guarding her...thats so cool.
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Khana has always liked to sit on my feet. What I find really funny though is that she will sit on my toes and then wiggle backwards until she's firmly over my entire foot. There's just no mistaking the intent - she wants to be ON MY FOOT. It's not like she's just wanting to sit close to me and happens to land on my feet .. *L* .. it's deliberate.

She's a very touchy-feely kind of dog anyhow. If she can't be on my feet, she settles for just being close enough to be touching me. And she'll do the same thing to my Mom, which is sweet. All of my dogs adore their "Grandma"!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I love the fact that Ming isn't the only chow in the world to sit and/or lay on feet!!! I thought he had some weird fetish or something and now I find out that he's perfectly normal. Who knew?

Also, in the dead of winter, he'll sleep on the bed and he's either got his rear end up against me, or he'll somehow maneuver his entire body up against mine. One time, and I'll never know how he did it as I'm normally not a really heavy sleeper, he managed to get under the down comforter and when I awoke, he was spooned up against me, I had my arm around him and both of our heads were on my pillow!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

What a big soft boy! That is indeed mega-love from a chow.
Milly jumps up on our bed and lies by my feet but Mabel never does. :D
Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sahara91 »

bellabear27 wrote:Bella doesn't lie or sit ON our feet but she often sits near them though she does have a strange fetish for licking our feet. it's a little weird sometimes do anything to get at your bare feet, strange girl...
I thought Xhena was the only one :lol: We don't dare to have bare feet in our house at risk of having them licked to death :shock:
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

Bear likes to put his head on my feet when he sleeps. Don't know why, but he sure keeps my feet warm.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

When my daughter came to visit with her baby our dog would constantly lick the babies feet when ever she could..If we were feeding the baby a bottle and his feet would hang down alittle there she was licking his feet. If he would be in the high chair she would run over to lick his feet..if I would hold him over my shoulder to burp him she was licking his feet.. We thought this was pretty odd behavior. Shes not normally so licky.. we even washed his feet thinking maybe he had formula on them.. she still licked his feet..Oh, well we can deal with it thats for sure.. the baby is now a year old and thinks its funny and giggles when the dog does it..
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

When our niece-in-law brought her babies to visit, M & M loved to lick their feet. Diana was so sweet with them and she would take the baby's socks off and let them. Our niece did the same but our other niece-in-law did not like them near her baby and it puzzled them - they only wanted to sniff them and give the feet little purple kisses! :?