Chows and Feet!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

SirDooFuss
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Chows and Feet!!

Post by SirDooFuss »

When I get home from work, Shelly greets me at the door and as I sit down on the stairs to take off my shoes she will sit her butt on top of them, usually facing to the right or left. I think she does it because she wants me to stop taking off my shoes and pet her some more. :roll: Silly doggie!
lovechows55
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lovechows55 »

This discussion has been great! Thank you all so much for sharing about your chows' behavior. I agree with Jeff about the guard dog stance...they need to watch us to make sure we're not getting into trouble (or leaving them). My chow (Chelsea) never sat on my feet but she was always right next to me or right in front of the door--making sure she knew exactly where I was and what I was doing even when she was sleeping. These are absolutely the best guardians we could ever have, aren't they?
rufnedge-2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rufnedge-2 »

It's so cute how each of our Chow's do similar things in one way or another?.. Both mine will sit on my feet. My boy Nem will sit on my feet mainly, if V is sitting on my feet he'll pounce on her. My other chow's who've passed, always sat on my feet too.
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

Loha is a dedicated foot licker. The stinkier the better! Pays no particular attention to the stinky shoes they came out of. Even nibbles the toes ever so gently with his front teeth. He is a sick, sick boy!!! :postit-twisted:

Loha's Dad
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

When I was researching stuff for the Chow info cards, I found this site. Go about half way down for the feet comment!

http://www.majestychows.com/chowfacts.htm

"Great foot warmer. Chows have a "thing" for feet. They will not only enjoy sitting on your feet, they will kiss your feet too."
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Molly loves feet ,too. Especially my husband's feet!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Tess sat on my feet when there were strangers around. Guarding me I guess.
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Carter will sit on my feet and look up at me. Sometimes he will lay on my feet too.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
MrsDee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MrsDee »

Thank you all for all this Chow info since I’m a new Chow mommy (Pretentious or as we call her Pree, 10 weeks old) she loves to sit on my feet and fall asleep when I’m having my morning coffee on the patio or throughout the day she will find me and try to sit on my feet if I have been up and about and she’s had enough it... She will also give me some major side eye and will make her snuffalufagus sounds if I decide to move while she’s resting so is this affection or ownership from her?