Stupid or What!!!!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Stupid or What!!!!

Post by Judy Fox »

I told you I had bought a new digital camera for us for Christmas.

Well, I learnt how to use it and I learnt how to put the pictures onto the computer and I was well pleased with myself.

Well, last night our second granddaughter Jessica who is sixteen and a half attended her School Prom. She looked absolutely beautiful and our daughter telephoned us when Jess was ready and we drove the mile or so to their house to see her off.

She really looked beautiful. I took my digital camera with me all loaded with charged batteries and when we got there she sat down on the settee and I took a picture of her.

Then I asked her to stand up and focused the camera and pressed the button and the camera switched off. So I switched it on again and tried. I did this several times - by this time I was panicking and after about ten or twelve tries, I came to the conclusion that the batteries were flat. I replaced the batteries. Still no go.

Anyway, it was time for her to go and she and seven of her schoolfriends had hired a huge limousine to take them to the nearby University functions suite.

This morning, I got the camera out and tried again. everything - the firegrate, Fred, M & M - you name it - I tried to photograph it. So I got out the instruction book and read it carefully - again!

At that point, I found out what I was doing wrong! I was switching the camera on, focusing up the picture I wanted to take then pressing the on/off button instead of the button I should have pressed!!

Honestly, I could have howled!

I felt so stupid!

Indeed, I am so stupid!! :oops: :oops: :cry: :_| :_| #-o :postit-cry: :postit-sad:

Fortunately, Jessie's mum took some lovely pictures with her simple aim it and shoot instamatic.

I don't think I am ever going to live this down. :oops:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Oopsy! Good thing your daughter was able to use the instamatic. Now you know, and can be prepared the next event. The most common problem I run into is not watching how much memory I have left. I even have back-up memory sticks, and usually forget to bring them. There I am, going through photos, and dumping some to make room for more!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Don't be to hard on yourself these new digitals aren't as easy to use as they try and make you believe plus the buttons and controls are so close together its hard to tell what button does what.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

LOL Judy. I have done the same thing with my new digital camera. Both my buttons are close together and I have hit the off/on button instead. Then my lens goes back inside the camera case. Technology sometimes gets rough on us older ones. :)
Nancy and Tai

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I say, bring back the polaroid!!! :postit-idea: It's okay Judy - practice makes perfect. When I first started up with the digital camera, I took a whole bunch of photos (and like you during a once in a lifetime occasion). I decided I didn't like one of them and hit the delete button only to realize that the delete button deleted all of those once in a lifeetime occasion photos I had taken! I loudly called for my brother who bought me the darn thing and asked how I can retrieve them back and he said I was SOL, that the photos were long gone! I vowed to use my old fashioned 35mm camera from there on end ... then the same brother bought me a better digital camera and I have learned my lesson about the delete button.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Here is the ONE picture I managed to take.

I tell you, I won't make that mistake again - also I will make sure I have a memory card with me. I had fully charged extra batteries but to forget which was the right button to press!! Ugh!! :-x
Odessa's mum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Odessa's mum »

Wow Judy, your daughter looks so lovely and the dress is just so pretty, suits her so well and is such a beautiful colour.
I don't bother with the digital as I can never get it right. I have to repair my lovely perfect regular camera that I dropped by mistake and the battery cover broke.

Mildred
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thankyou Mildred but Jessie is my granddaughter. Her dress is beautiful and here is another picture Jessie's Mum, (our daughter) took with her simple camera. Image
and this next one is a complete opposite of Jessica! She came to see us with her Mum yesterday morning to show us her Chef's gear.
When she leaves school in the summer, after her exams, she has been accepted at college for a two year course to train to be a chef. She has to have a lot of kit, including her chef's clothing, a set of knives etc. Well, you can see by the picture, I was still trying to work out what I was doing wrong with my camera and Jessie's face says it all. :lol:

What a contrast! :roll:
(if you click on the picture you can get a bigger version of the look on her face) :roll: