Maxine - Transport

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Maxine - Transport

Post by Larry Harris »

Hello Everyone,

Maxine will be heading for home on the 14th of Feb. She will leave Holland and head to lower Michigan for the next leg. She will be in a harness and will have, vet records, special toy, food she has been on, and our love wrapped around her for a safe journey to her now home.

For transport safety here are a few rules.
  • 1. Take the eye end of harness leash and run the seat belt through it. Buckle it as you would for any little one.
    2. At the next leg please do not open the door of the transport vehicle. Let the driver who has her open the door and start the transfer process.
    3. No full meals, snacks are encouraged ;-)
    4. At transport stops lots of water and potty time. Please no extra breaks on your leg. They are all short and she will be ok.
    5. Call us at each exchange and let us know you have handed her off for the next leg. 616 581 0087.
God bless all of you who wanted to help, if all of you were in the route we would have ten minute legs =D= We have tried very hard to keep the legs down and yet short for her safety. Know that you have a special place in our hearts.

For the route drivers who Terrina has PM'd please PM me with your info:

Driver name:
Driver description:
Vehicle description:
Phone number:

I will send all of you an email with the map and leg information. It iwll also have all driver information. Any questions please feel free to call us at 616 738 0438 (Home).

David thank you and your family for saving this special little girl. We have had our hearts srolen by our rescues butr never tihs fast. She does love to play and I am sure you and you familiy will love her as much as we do.

On transport day we will have live coverage of the trip here at cc.org... jsut as soon as we get home :lol:

Larry and Terrina
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Maxine - Transport

Post by Dogdad »

Larry, Terrina, All the transporters and everyone who helped support our family during this time of huge grief and happiness [:D] x 1,000,000,000. ]
It sounds like you have everything undercontrol and I am struck with how professional yet incredibly caring you have been. Maxine is a very lucky girl to have met you. My family and I will always be indebted to you.

David and Family

Larry Harris wrote:Hello Everyone,

Maxine will be heading for home on the 14th of Feb. She will leave Holland and head to lower Michigan for the next leg. She will be in a harness and will have, vet records, special toy, food she has been on, and our love wrapped around her for a safe journey to her now home.

David thank you and your family for saving this special little girl. We have had our hearts srolen by our rescues butr never tihs fast. She does love to play and I am sure you and you familiy will love her as much as we do.

Larry and Terrina
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I wish I lived closer so I could help!!! Larry & Terrina you and the transporters are awsome \:D/ Can't wait to hear about the journey of Maxine to her FOREVER HOME =D=

Thanks Sweetpea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh goodness me - how wonderful. Bless you all......................

but I AM SO RUDDY JEALOUS!! :P
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

first can i say good choice of name (thats my name ) its really good to see how everyone pulls together when needed i wish it was the same in the uk
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

We are very fortunate indeed that people are willing to pitch together. I am sure in the UK it is the same way.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I think it is absolutely wonderful David, the way you all pitch in.
I am not sure about here on The Island. As far as I know, we have never been put to the test on such a manoevre. I think, indeed, I hope we would do so. I certainly would and I am sure I am not the only one but there are so few of us on this site who live on The Island.
I feel if ever there was a need, we would respond. :)
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

good luck with the transposrt i wish i couldve been apart of it too..but ill be waiting here patiently following the coverage...
its nearly time for maxine to be home...where she belongs...
*hugs* to you david and the family..and yoshi and maxine too
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I got the word Last night, I get to pick up Maxine on Saturday at 3-3:15 central standard time :D

we are making plans for introducing all the fur kids individually so hopefully they all get along. I am a bit nervous but hopefully all will work out.
My biggest concern in our blind cocker Maya, she is 12 and kind of defenseless. Yoshi for some reason hates her, and am hoping that Maxine will ignore her and not try to play with her

Thanks again everyone

David
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Good luck! I can't wait to hear all about it!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Neither can I.

( I am still green with envy. )

Tell ya' wot!! If I ever win the lottery, I am going to fly over The Pond, hire a vehicle and I WILL do one of the legs of a rescue, I really will! :roll: \:D/ :lol:
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

i will come with you judy i would love to do that =D= =D= =D=
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

You are on Maxine - will meet you at Manchester airport!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

I got the word Last night, I get to pick up Maxine on Saturday at 3-3:15 central standard time :D

David, you know we'll all be waiting impatiently Saturday night to hear all about your first day/impressions with Maxine. :lol: Many people are sharing vicariously through your excitment!

Jeannean
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

tell me when and i will be waiting as long as the lotto comes up :shock: :shock:
chris

Post by chris »

Can't wait to meetchya David! 3-315pm it is... If I'm not there on time, it's cuz Steel wouldn't let me bring Maxine... :roll: 8) :wink:
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I will be there earlier so if you get there earlier, I will be there, I will be the incredibly handsome guy, you will be in your fuzzy pink bathrobes and slippers right?
I would lose the curlers, it might scare Maxine :D
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh Chris you lucky ratbag!! \:D/ :lol:
Why do you get to do it?

Anyway, hope you enjoy it all.

By the way, how is Steel getting on with his aeroplane - Milly and Mabel are still waiting you know. :roll: :lol:
chris

Post by chris »

I actualy live between 4 and 5 hours south of David. I'm going to meet him 1/2 way with Maxine. :-)

Steel is good, but his airplane... well, he let the German Shephard borrow it... :roll: needless to say he had all the "tough boy" German Shephard buddies in the airplane and wouldn't you know it...they saw cop cars racing after a convicted/escaped dog napper... hence their instinct to persue...on they went, landed in the middle of Highway 12 causing kaos everywhere and put the plane into the BOG. Steel is less than thrilled about having to build another plane. The German Shephard (Chief) is on the doo doo list and is responsible to build the new plane, and is grounded from watching any more K-9 cop shows until the airplane is complete... Steel is dreadfully depressed because he had planned on visiting M&M on Valentines Day as a surprise. He is moping around chowneseing to himself this that and the other and gets louder as he passes Chief. Chief, just stands at attention and takes it. :wink:
chris

Post by chris »

PINK fuzzy slippers... ;-)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh well - I hope you enjoy driving Miss Maxine, as I am sure you will.

So sorry about the aeroplane! M & M don't like Alsations much - there is a rather unpleasant one around where we walk and he mutters things to them that they do not like.
Anyway, St. Valentine's Day was not a good time to come and see them - they lost their maidenly hearts several years ago to a "Valentine" who is now in The Happy Hunting Grounds so St. Valentine's Day will be a time for dozing and remembering for them.
...................when the aeroplane is ready though...............!! :)
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

oK, DOGDAD AND CHRIS remember the last time you two got together? It wasn't pretty!!! Colonel and I had to come and bail you out of jail!
Chris, leave the pink slippers at home and Dogdad, a smoking jacket...seriously??? Give Heff his jacket back and you two behave yourselves!
Don't make Colonel and me come rescue you!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Bama's been hitting the "shine" again!! :wink: Don't forget your cameras so we can re-live the transport and hand-off!!
chris

Post by chris »

I'm going to bring the camara and take pics of David and Maxines first meeting... David and I would probably both get back to our homes at around the same time, but Im sure he will be busy with Maxine so I will post ASAP! :D

(pssst David, only put the smoking jacket on OUT side of the car... and don't bring the red one... they will be looking for the red one ;-) )
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

fillyok wrote:Bama's been hitting the "shine" again!! :wink: Don't forget your cameras so we can re-live the transport and hand-off!!
Yes I am afraid so, poor Mark, Poor colonel, poor princess buttercup. I am not sure who those people are in the nicely photoshoped image, but I suspect it is Bama's next door neighbors , you know in the trailer by the river. :roll:

Chris gottcha on the smoking Jacket, rumor has it Bama makes Mark wear bib overhalls, Her idea of *Censored Word*.