A tribute to Maxwell

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

A tribute to Maxwell

Post by fillyok »

A few of us were wondering how we could help David through the loss of his beloved Maxwell. I mentioned it to David and he said all the costs had been paid for Maxwell's surgery and cremation. I asked him if he'd mind if we took up donations and send them to a rescue in Maxwell's honor...of course he couldn't say no. He's a true rescue champion. David would be happy if people would remember Maxwell and if they would like to, they could send any donations (even a $1 or a chew toy) to Larry and Terrina at TLC Chow Rescue. http://www.tlcchowrescue.com/donations.htm

jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: A tribute to Maxwell

Post by jacqui »

Phyllis,you are always so thoughtful O:)
such a great idea.
I just made a donation to TLC in memory of Maxwell.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

[:D] You are such a sweetheart Phyllis, and this is a wonderful idea
I made a donation too..... For the love of Maxwell

Thanks Sweetpea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Phyllis, that sounds like a winner! Checks in the mail!
Maxwell has just made some chow buddies very happy!
So typical of him, he was a sweetie!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
HarrysMom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HarrysMom »

Phyllis, What a great idea, I sent my donation in memory of Maxwell, He will be missed
you cant see me right? because you know my eyes are closed right?
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Thanks everyone, but I can't take the credit. Bama gave me the idea. I'm sure Maxwell is smiling at the Rainbow Bridge at the thought of helping some of his pals.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Thank you to all who have donated what a wonderful gift to Maxwell. I thought you would all like to know that Maxwell in his passing has made sure David and his family will continue to to have Chows in their home to honor him. All monies donated will go to his new girl so there will not be a vet bill. TLC is not charging an adoption fee.

Terrina and I think Maxwell sent David to a terrible dog pound in Muskegon Michigan to save a beautiful little Chow girl who needs help. She is two years old and small, found as a stray and is very playful. We are in the process of getting her out of jail. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=12552756

We are asking for transport help to get her to David. She will be with us for about a week or a little more depends on her medical needs. Then off to her new home.

David in your sadness know that all us of us have you in our thoughts and prayers! You are truly an amazing person to want to help a Chow in need. We know that your beloved Maxwell is very proud and loves you very much.

Larry and Terrina Harris
TLC Chow Rescue
It Matters To The One You Save!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I will be sending a check. This girl is very lucky!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Hello everyone, I am sorry I have been so quiet as of late. I know you all know why.
First of all I would like to thank everyone for all their thoughts, sympathy, words of encouragement and donations in honor of Maxwell. I am in shock that Maxwell touched so many lives. I didn’t think I conveyed what a pure spirit he had. He truly was a magnificent being, and I was blessed to have known and loved him.

I have been in a complete daze this week, I had moments of clarity and moments of complete collapse. During this time, my family and I took great comfort in what someone pmed to me. They said “ Maxwell had no concept of time and to him he had a long and full life with you” It was only 2 years and somehow it seemed like forever , and somehow it seemed only like an instant. If we had 20 years together it wouldn’t have been long enough. He will always be alive in our hearts and always in my thoughts.

There is a huge void left by Maxwell, not only emotionally but also in the house :lol: he was 75 lbs and was often called the big ox with lots of affection. I will always remember and cherish Maxwell's memory and somehow I want to memorialize and honor him . 2 years ago , I saw Maxwell’s picture on petfinder and he was marked urgent. At the time I was in mourning of my cocker Otoño . I have decided to honor Maxwell by adopting another dog with very few days left . Maxwell would understand, he had days and got a 2 year reprieve. I contacted Larry and as you know, Maxine will now have a 2nd chance.
Maxine will never fill Maxwell’s toe prints, in time she will make her own.

As for the Donations, I am touched but I refuse them. I will pay for the adoption of Maxine, Larry is springing her from Muskegon for me, He has many more mouths and expenses than I do. If you wish to contribute money, that is fine, but it will go to TLC chow rescue.

David
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

As I mentioned in another post...I somehow missed Maxwell becoming ill and then going over the Rainbow Bridge.
I feel so awful about it all and know how David is feeling since I have been there after I lost my 1st chow, but we can never change what is store for us in our lives and there are reasons for everything.
Maxwell had 2 wonderful years with David and his family. For Maxwell, they were a lifetime of love, walkies and doggie siblings and he left for the Bridge with so much joy in his heart for that time. But, he knows that another unwanted chow needs that same life and on his way to chow angelhood he chose a really needy dear little girl for his Dad to take care of and nuture and that made him feel good for this will be his legacy and he will watch over her.

David, you are a very special person and will once again make a wonderful Dogdad!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Ohhh! I saw this girl on Petfinder! This is great, David. I would go see her, but they don't allow people to browse the wards anymore. Congratulations, she is pretty, and I love her name. Maxwell would be happy to know he helped another.
chris

Post by chris »

Give the word if you need transport! I can meet in Chicago and drive to Wausau or somewhere in between there! :-) You know I'm here for ya David.
Oh I just looked at her... she reminds me of Maxwell, like they could be brother and sister. :-)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I thought she looked a little like Maxwell, too! :)
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

what happened to maxwell...did i miss something...
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

its ok i know who maxwell is...i just read the thread i thought he was doing ok..i didnt think it was the same maxwell.....how do i donate from australia
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

its ok again i used paypal....
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

I will donate soon, as right now I don't have the money. TLC is a great rescue and are close to me. I would have gotten my chow from there, but Carter found me first!
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

For everyone who wants to donate and the terrible economy has effected your family please do not send money. Take a weekend and drop by your local shelter and give a pet some hugs and a walk. Bring a brush and sit on the floor with them. God forbid if they do get sent to the bridge they will have had at least one good day being loved.

Larry
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Larry Harris wrote:For everyone who wants to donate and the terrible economy has effected your family please do not send money. Take a weekend and drop by your local shelter and give a pet some hugs and a walk. Bring a brush and sit on the floor with them. God forbid if they do get sent to the bridge they will have had at least one good day being loved.

Larry

Larry bless you, That is a wonderful way. I have only been in a few shelters and those dogs need love even if it is only for the day.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Larry thats a wonderful idea....great place to bring kids too

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I just got a call from the animal cremation center. Maxwell can come home tomorrow. It will be a horrible trip if it was anything like picking up Otoño's remains but it will be wonderful to have Maxwell home. I haven't slept more than 2-3 hours a night since he has been gone, I am not positive but I think it is because he wasn't home. I did the same thing when Otoño died. David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I am sooo sorry David, I wish I could come and ride with you to bring him HOME. I hope getting him back home again gives you comfort and you can rest, it gives me comfort knowing he is with you where he belongs [:D]

Thanks Sweetpea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

After reading this thread, I am so moved how everyone in our chow family comes together when
we loose one of our own. All of you are truly wonderful people!
"Out of the ashes, rises a Phoenix". This is the legacy of our sweet Maxwell.
David, I'm so happy for you and your new chowgirl, she is adorable. I think she resembles Maxwell.
A name suggestion, maybe....."Phoenix"? I'm excited for you, because I know she will help bring peace
into your heart.
Larry and Terrina, you guys are the best! Thank you for all you do.
I have a special request for you to post your mailing address for those who wish to make a donation
in Maxwell's honor.
phyllis, you are a sweetheart for taking the ball and running with it.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

I hate tax season cause I lose out on following up with my friends and I see the post about Maxwell and I feel like a terrible friend and I can't stop crying. I am so sorry David about Maxwell, you have always been an inspiration for us, and I loved following the chronicles of the walkies and the four letter word "snow" that you so gleefully bandied about, And then sent it to Michigan. I send our love to you, and hugs, nothing will replace him, but what you are doing is awesome.

Deb, John and Milo
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!