I am Retarded ahhh i mean retired

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

I am Retarded ahhh i mean retired

Post by bubba »

monday is my last duty day.... and i am retired with 29 years. 4 months .. forced out ... .. mortgage is 30 % , health insurance is 10 % ..... my observation is when one works one has money and no time and when one does not work one has time and no money..... or as the furry freak brothers said dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope .. or something like that ...

it is said that for the first third of ones life one seeks education , for the second third one works, for the last third one seeks enlightenment ....... i enter the last third of my life ..... in addition i have heard that 60 is the youth of old age ..

therefore i am a youth seeking enlightenment.... -

so what i need now is a good AKC bitch to cross with the fine boyo who is here..

thus the start of the Hard Scrabble Angry Chow ranch , Koi Farm , and ginseng plantery ....

...... had a telephone interview yesterday... they said it was "over there" more than a year.. i said i turned down 100 K for a year and they better offer better than that , they said they were offering 3 year contracts,, .. i calculated.... if thy offer 300K a year [ 3 year - 9 tenths of a million.]. for three years i guess the chow [ and the wife and the cat ]will just have to get used to missing me ..

and then i can buy the property down the bottoms .,fence. cross fence , build ponds to make the stream live again , adopt every chow who is to be put down because of viciousnesses and the ANGRY CHOW RANCH will be a reality....
not to mention the fish in the ponds and the ginseng plantations..

more than likely i will be a greeter at walmart..

mrb
dover
tn
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: I am Retarded ahhh i mean retired

Post by vicster605 »

:laughloud: :_| :laughloud: I'm sorry bubba you're killin' me!!!! :laughloud: Congratulations!!! =D= Sounds like your pretty enlightened already :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Hey, whatever floats your boat! I like the Angry Chow Ranch idea!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Michael,
Congrats on retirement ...Funny thing, Halloween is the day I started at the place where I work 29 years ago. I hope my last day at work will be as amusing as my first day at work. We are wishing you well in the forthcoming years of enlightment on the Angry Chow Ranch with Koi pond and Ginseng.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

some time ago i thought that they,, the gov.. the army ] would have the good sence to ship me on some of those high dollar missions [ i would have been VERY GOOD] however they did not .[ better to promote some one who is a good golfer than some one who is good aT THE JOB] . when in thought i thought they might i coveted the bottoms below me , dreamed of the Angy Chow Ranch ,,, where every mean biting sonavabitch can find a home...

EVERY MEAN Biting son ofa bitch.. can find a home......

alas alas ... the bottoms are beyond me now yet all are welcome here,, one needs only to find the battery and the field piece at grays battery and wait at dawn for michael and the chow to walk, among the ghosts of long ago fought battles

I PLANT GINSENG AND WONDER..
why

m..
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Congrats Bubba! I hope to one day be in your shoes (minus the offer of work "over there"). My Chow ranch will be called the Laughing Buddha Ranch offering serenity to all that visit.
"There are many paths to enlightenment. Be sure to take one with a heart.” Lao Tzu
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

Thank you for your service!!! And congrats on being VERY short!!!!!!!!!!

We have 2 years left and they are not getting one month over 20 out of us!!! :)

Barb :)
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Congratulations! And, yes, thank you for protecting us!

Please Sir, may I send in my applications to work at your Angry Chow Ranch - Please Sir?

Here is my resume...

Energetic girl, will work for purple chow kisses, cleans poop, cleans up-chuck, feed and waters chows, patient enough to wait for stubborn chow to find THE perfect spot to deposit, knows how to give chowy belly scratches, can groom crabby chow and, most importantly, can OUT-STUBBORN any chow born. Ha ha!

So, so, do I get the job, huh?
Mia
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Michael - fear not! Retirement is not bad, not bad at all.
Remember when one door closes another opens.
I like the idea of your Angry Chow Ranch! Will there be Roosters on it?
:D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

thanks for thanking me for my service,, no one else has..

they did have a covered dish lunchon .. the contractor folks had a cake for me..

sorry about the job application the angry chow works on shares and not a lot to share.. ..

since i did not get the big dollar trips like some of the guys instead it will be Hard Scrabble Acres.. ....

ii am hoping to get a bunch of quail going by hatching out quail eggs ,, phesants and maybe some turkey and Peafowl .. PeaCocks !!! they scream!!! i
i had trouble from the neighbours when the roosters got in yards but i figure if they are wild type birds who can complain ??

my pittance will cover the morgatge and the medical insurance with some left over .. i suppose i will have to be finding another job..

i i did a song and dance at my good bye lunch.. remember the farewell song from the sound of music.. i did that ...
iimagine a 60 year old bald Buro Cat <deleted><deleted> and <deleted> doing a dance and singing !!!!!!!IF I HAD OF HAD A TOP HAT AND A CANE I WOULD OF REALLY DUN IT UP..

http://www.allmusicals.com/lyrics/sound ... rewell.htm

Regretfully they tell us

But firmly they compel us
To say goodbye to you.
Goodbye!

I'm glad to go I cannot tell a lie
I flit I float
I fleetly flee I fly

So long
Farewell
Aufwiedersehn
Goodnight
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long
Farewell
Aufwiedersehn
Adeiu
Adeiu Adeiu
To yieu and yieu and yieu

So long
Farewell
Au 'voire
Aufwiedersehn

http://www.allmusicals.com/lyrics/sound ... rewell.htm

i will miss getting up before dawn and running the 30 year old MG in to duty , but i wilnot missthe endless data input

M
Last edited by bubba on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

**== I would like to thank you for your service too. I assure you "there is life after A/D &/or Federal service. I spend the hot summers playing in the mud down at the springs/creeks on our land freeing up the water - fishing - hiking - gathering. Won't hunt! You will be surprised how easily it is to live on the meer pitance of the annuities we receive! Designer lables are out - Thrift stores are in. It's easy living "Green." The 60's have always "been in." The 60's are cool! No more chaos (only in our minds), no more big commutes, no more bosses dirty looks! Just enjoy - like your ideas about the Angry Chow Ranch and getting the bottoms. Thank you again. **==
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

they too serve who sit in offices and punch key boards...

i wonder now , perhaps i made the wrong decision , i am VERY GOODat my task. trained in the old school .. .. but i would have had to leave my wife again... and the chow [ he would have been disconsolate] and sat looking to the road all day evety day for a year.. and then i expect all the koi fish would have died...

all that for 100 K for a year and another 100 dollars a month on the annuity ..

I WONDER WHEN , what phase of the moon. is best to plant ginseng seeds .. i have a quarter pound to put in ..
the roots alread been set...

the bright of the moon . the dark of ther moon ... the wolf moon ,.... the chow Moon ...

what bodes best ...
................/.

call now the green man ... come now
\
Gilgamesh and Bubba - the Celtic 'wild man'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

http://www.hampsteadchamber.com/A%20Sou ... gamesh.htm

so mote it be..
Last edited by bubba on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Ah retired life... After twenty years in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club I lasted 2 weeks at home and the wife tells me go to work or at least a get good hobby. But out of the house you must go. Forgot to raise my legs when she vacuumed ;-) Second career and many years later and the Navy check now helps pay for all the Chow kids, have to spend the kids inheritance some how ;-)

Thank you for holding on for 29&4,

Larry
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Retired life is pretty sweet...love that monthly check from Uncle Sugar...keeps the pack in Frosty Paws. :wink: Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of not going back to work...so 20 more with the good uncle should set me and my pack just fine.

Bubba, looks like the ginseng market is pretty profitable...patience is the key.