Does your chow do this?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Piju'smommy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Does your chow do this?

Post by Piju'smommy »

So last night FI and I were in bed watching TV. Piju came in and laid down on his bed which is next to the door. We have a mirror on the wall on the other side of the door. All of a sudden we hear Piju start grumbling and growling, a kind of sound I rarely if ever have heard from him. FI and I looked at each other like "did we just hear that?" So we look over, and there's Piju poised to pounch, with teeth barred, growling at the mirror. At HIMSELF in the mirror! He continued to growl and bark and then he walked out of the room (what a wimp), then he came back, saw the dog still there, and growled again. He kept doing this until he finally gave up. It was hysterical and we caught it all on tape-complete with FI narrating Piju's thoughts. I have to figure out how to get it on YouTube, because it's really really funny.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Does your chow do this?

Post by Laura »

I just went through something similar with Chloe. She wasn't paying the mirror any attention until I sat down beside her and got her to look at it. She didn't pay herself much mind but when she saw me in it she was obviously confused. She stood up and sorta snorted at it, sniffed it, tried to look behind it and kept looking back and forth between me and the mirror trying to figure out why there was two of me. It was too funny. Shuggy's first mirror experience when he was a pup and he barked and growled. Now he doesn't pay it any attention. They are funny furry kids!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

First time we stayed in a motel with Princess we had to cover the mirrors because she insisted the dog in the mirror was a threat. :roll: We still have problems with her seeing her reflection in the windows at night. Gracie pays no attention to herself in a mirror or her reflection in a window.
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

One time Nanook saw his reflection in the hub cap of his daddy's car and he laid down infront of it and just looked at himself and wagged his tail. If it's a mirror he is not used to seeing he will grumble and walk away. Jade is too evil she does not have a reflection, that's my girl! :twisted:
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellabear27 »

Bella is very interested in her reflection, i always thought she was just vain, haha. She does get distracted and tend to watch the mirror but she doesn't usually get angry or anything with it.

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

When Butters was a puppy he would do that. Then he run in the room behind the mirror looking for the dog. It was amusing. He finally relented and decided that other dog wasn't a threat!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Alf has a buddy in the oven door that he regularly playbows to. All the barking & bouncing around has never enticed this twin of his to play though :roll:

He used to go Cujo as a puppy at his reflection though :D
Thank you Elodie!
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

ROFL I hope you figure how to post this soon
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Oh Layla that cracked me up! Too funny Alfie! :lol: =D= :lol:
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lily had a couple mirror experiences, but this thread reminded me of this one:
http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... how+window
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Hannah likes to look at herself in the mirror ... a lot!

Holden couldn't care less. He does take some interest if I pick him up and stand in front of the mirror so he can see both of us.
ImageImageImage
Piju'smommy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Piju'smommy »

chownuzzle wrote:ROFL I hope you figure how to post this soon

Search for "Piju and the mirror" on You Tube and enjoy.