Transport-Dallas to PA help please

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Transport-Dallas to PA help please

Post by wallacethegreat »

Can anybody help with transport, shuttle or otherwise, for Keshia in Dallas to Michelle in PA? she's willing to foster Keshia until we can find her a permanent home. Please help if you can. Even gas money would help.
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Transport-Dallas to PA help please

Post by vicster605 »

I'll be happy to help with transport but I think its way out of the way....Dallas is at least 9 hrs from here (probably further)and I'm not sure where PA is or which way you would go to get there. I can't believe how stupid people can be sometimes any dog would have biten someone under those circumstances. I'll contribute to gas if you get something going. She deserves a chance...

Thanks Sweetpea!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I would also help with gas money. Let me know.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I could give a donation.I'm just wondering if its cheaper to fly her?just a thought.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I wonder about flyin' her too.......haven't checked airline prices since fuel prices have gone up....I'm sure its reflected in the air fare too
Then you have the high temps to deal with in Dallas, they don't let them fly above certain temps

Thanks Sweetpea!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Continental has their main hub in Houston, they can fly at night as long as it gets below 85 degrees. They have climate control for pet cargo. Probably around $300.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Has anyone checked with yahoo pet transport? They always seem to have lots of trips to the east coast. http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DogT ... t/messages

Here's another shot http://www.animalrescueflights.com/
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Be careful about the transports, there were some people running a transport business and renting U-Hauls, then going around picking up the dogs, meanwhile the ones in the back are roasting because there is no AC, only the unit in the cab to cool the whole van, needless to say many dogs have died in transit.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

The hot temps right now may make air transport difficult, but I'll check to see how much it will cost to fly Keshia on Continental. I'm also looking into vehicle transport with a couple of very reputable outfits. It's a VERY long trip from Dallas to Harrisburg where Michelle is (about 1400 miles), but we'll see what we can do as quickly as possible. Once Michelle and I talked with Robin at the Flower Mound TX shelter, it bought Keshia a couple more days, hopefully next week until we can get her on the road.
But, as we all know, these things cost money and we'll have to have enough donations to cover the transport expenses. Here's hoping it will only be a couple of hundred dollars. It cost $275 for Jeff to fly Berkley from L.A. to Albuquerque in early May and who knows what the airfare might be now with gas prices. I'll let you all know as soon as I have some figures.
Attachments
Berkley rooting for Keshia!
Berkley rooting for Keshia!
BerkleyBear CU2 070908.JPG (32.6 KiB) Viewed 5497 times
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

Brandy and I'll pitch something in toward transport. Count on us for at least $25 - maybe more.

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
AlwaysTango
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlwaysTango »

I recently flew my rescue girl down from Detroit, hubbing through Houston, and on to Florida. She is a solid girl at 78 pounds, and it cost right at $400.00.
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

I just spoke to Robin where Keisha is. She is going to a chow rescue in Lubbock TX. =D= \:D/
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Great news!!! We'll have to keep an eye out on West Texas Chow Rescue's homepage to see her. I was really afraid the heat was going to cause a lot of problems with transporting her. Austin was over 100 degrees yesterday and we were almost there with 98 degrees.

Thanks so much for offering to foster her!!
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

I could help with transport depending where you need to go. I live in the Harrisburg area.

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Wow...if Linda is going to take her (she didn't want to before because Keshia wa "too old" at age 6), that's the best we can hope for! At least she'll be out of the shelter, since she had virtually no time left, and Linda is very picky about who gets her rescued Chows.
This is really GREAT news! Now, we don't have to sccrape the money together for Keshia transport! Another Chow saved!!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Yes, this is good news. The chows at this rescue look so good and healthy. Hopefully Keisha will find a great home with their help.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

That is WONDERFUL news!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
keishablackdog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by keishablackdog »

hi,i am new to the forum.i am in the process of adopting keisha from west texas chow rescue-i can't wait.i could use some help in getting her to lexington ky.linda's husband can bring her as far as st louis missouri.if anyone can help get her closer to lexington i would appreciate it-i will of course pay for gas.i havet o work til 4 pm and it will be an 11 hr drive total-i will do it alone if that is what it takes to get her,but help sure would be appreciated.she is a gorgeous dog and i will give her a loving forever home.thanks
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I just donated $25 to chowchow.org to help with Keisha's transport or whatever anyone needs to help.
courtsey of Sweetpea
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

When will she be in St. Louis?
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

sweetpea wrote:When will she be in St. Louis?
Wednesday according to the other post in the Community section.
ImageImageImage