Annie is gone

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Annie is gone

Post by wallacethegreat »

This is the Chow I posted in "Chows needing a Home." She won't need one now. Check http://www.dogsindanger.com

Annie
Died:2008-05-27
Donate in my name
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Annie is gone

Post by fillyok »

This is so hard to hear, but we have to rejoice in the ones that are saved and pray for the ones that aren't. Run free little Annie. =}=
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry, It is so sad

David
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I feel sad for Annie and all the other beautiful chows that didn't make it.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Wish we could save them all.There's two mixes in the kill shelter I got my girls from,and I know they only have a couple of days.Ticks me off .I'll never understand why they can't just keep them til they're adopted,like they do in the shelters in the Netherlands.
:(
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

I was almost physically sick when I saw that Annie was killed. I know she's in a better place than she was in the shelter or on the street, but ...

It's like every government agency I am aware of - not enough money to do the things that need to be done, to help those who really need it, but seems to be plenty for unnecessary (to me) things ...
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wallacethegreat »

When I saw that the shelter had put Annie to sleep, I sat at my computer and sobbed. I think I've cried for two days, every time I think of her.
As I always say, pick your new Chow buddies from the shelters first, then rescues second. Perhaps if more people did this, there would be fewer Annies. It's a heartbreaker and so unnecessary.
I just keep hugging and kissing Berkley's little Chow head and am so thankful for him.
Oprah did a re-run of her puppy mill show today. If you want to, go to her website at oprah.com and I'm sure you can stream it. Very powerful stuff. Randy couldn't even watch it. He went outside when those tears started rolling down his cheek.
Laura Mac, mama to Berkley, a kill-shelter Chow and Oliver Wallace, free from a cardboard box
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows