FOUND Chow/Mix ... wandering in Santa Barbara

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Zhuyos mom

FOUND Chow/Mix ... wandering in Santa Barbara

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hello,

Can you please cross post this photo to any or all of the other dog forums (or non-dog forums) many of you log on to and participate?

This chow/shepherd mix was found by some nice people on Thanksgiving weekend. He was running along Highway 5 near Santa Barbara, California. The people picked him up but instead of bringing him to the local animal shelter, they drove home to the Bay Area with him and brought him to SF Animal Care & Control. He's about 13 yrs., has a cloudy eye and is really scared in the shelter. Rocket Dog Rescue (the rescue I foster for and Jenn -aka- zingara_princepessa, their chow advocate) has a *hold* on him so he's safe and will be fostered. Most important, hopefully someone will recognize him on the other forums and he will be reunited with his family. He's an old fellow, so he might have just gotten a little turned around a bit, escaping from the family thanksgiving squabbles.

Thanks for you help.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Oh I hope he and his family are reunited soon. It's so hard for the older ones when they get lost like that. I hope if wasn't a case of "he's old and half blind so let's just dump him"

In either case I'm glad he was found and brought to the right place...he deserves to live out his last years as a treasured gentleman.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi Lou,

I've cross posted to the Ventura County Humane Society (close to SB area) giving them Rocket Dog contact info (right?)
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Poor guy, I hope he gets home soon. He looks so sweet.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Thank you, Cindy. Yes, Rocket Dog is the contact.

I'm not sure if Santa Barbara has a craigslist site, but if anyone has a craigslist account, can you please cross post? However, please take our cc.org handle names off the text. TY.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I posted him on K9amberalert.

I used your post with Red Rocket as the contact.

The post has to wait for approvel before it is sent out.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

You guys are the best!!!!
I hope this little old man finds his people!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just posted him on the Santa Barbera Graigslist. I deleted your names on graigslist but didn't see them when I posted him on k9amberalert. Its just names there's no numbersw.

I just noticed someone else just posted him on K9amberalert also.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Thanks, Jeff.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Here are some responses from Graigslist.

I didn't think about it but they are right, there is no Highway 5 in Santa Barbera, its all 101

Hi there,

I really hope you find this dogs owner. Just so you know, there is no highway 5 in Santa Barbara. Maybe it would be helpful if you posted the location of where they found the dog.

Good Luck

Hi:

You're posting on craigslist in Santa Barbara. Highway 5 isn't close to Santa Barbara. Highway 101 is. Perhaps they found the dog elsewhere. I don't know if you're posting in other areas as well.

Best to you and the dog.

RKramer

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Thanks, Jeff. I'll tell Jenn. I should have caught it as well. It's probably what the shelter told her.
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

That's exactly what happened. SF ACC told me that this old guy was found on I 5 near SB. What do I know? I always FLY to SoCal, I never drive!

Anyway, lots of people have emailed me about that. I'm fired!

Thanx to everyone for cross posting him. Joan from Adopt-A-Chow L.A. also sent him out on her list, which is closer to where we believe he's from. I put him up on Craig's List in SB, but I don't think it's a board that is utilized there the way it is in the Bay Area.

This dog is in no danger for his life. Rocket Dog will take him out of ACC if they run out of room. We're just hoping he will find his family. He's a senior, so he's probably confused and sad, but he will not end his days at the shelter, I assure you :-)
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!