Ahh, those lovely *Censored Word* glands.

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Ahh, those lovely *Censored Word* glands.

Post by Auddymay »

We walked the girls over to get their nails done. Pip went first, and the woman always does it right in the lobby on the floor, since Pip weighs 63 pounds. They have tried Lily on the floor, but she fights it, so they normally put her on a table where she behaves. Today the tables were full. I did warn her, and she had a second lady to hold the girls, which wasn't necessary for Pip.

Of course, a golden retriever and a bulldog came in just before Lily's turn, just to add to the tension in the air. The first comment I heard was, "Wow, she's really strong!" Then Lily commenced her 'gator roll' to get away. I was having none of it. I came from behind, had her hips between my legs, and held both her front legs. As I was doing this, I also said, "Knock it off!", so she knew who she was dealing with. When the groomer finished the front, I let Lily stand a moment, then hicked her back legs off the floor by holding her under her belly.

Things were going along swimmingly, until Lily decided to lodge a protest. I have always said Lily would make a good hippie from the 60's. When held against her will, she either does that modified gator roll, or turns into the spineless chow, relaxing and sliding away from her captors. She realized neither tactic would work here, so she came up with a third tactic, and released her *Censored Word* glands.

The groomer got the worst of it, I was holding her butt like a sling and finally got a whiff...wheew! All the talk about *Censored Word* gland problems made me wonder about my girls, but they have never been scooters...I guess if she can release some like a skunk, I needn't worry.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

:shock: wow Lily!
Thank you Elodie!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

:shock: :shock: I didn't know they could do that!!! They have control of this little skill??? :shock:

Thanks Sweetpea!
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

"Ooh that smell, can't you smell that smell"

Sorry, Lynyrd Skynyrd moment...But I know that smell all too well, it's awful. I have heard of them releasing them when scared or under stress. Tess goes to the vet every 6-8 weeks, although she's been doing better lately with them. I try to remember a blanket for the seat of the car because they always clean her up, I can still smell it and that is just not a smell that comes out of the car seats very easily.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I didn't know they could do that either. Our little Charlie is getting the squeeze on Friday -- don't know how they do such a little dog, but he's not going to like it.
courtsey of Sweetpea
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

:shock: Wow, I learn something new every day!

Glad the groomer got the worst of it! :D Lily, Lily that wasn't very lady-like. :lol:
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea