Strange Question

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

wrat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Strange Question

Post by wrat »

Ok looking for opinions here....I dont know if I can consider Denali housebroken...why ? so glad you asked..we have had her just under 2 months in that time she has had 3 accidents ( 1 of which was caught mid stream and interupted ) this was all in the first week..she has never asked to go outside although she really does not need to as I take her out at least 2x a day and 2x a night besides her 2 daily walks..
now the other day I wanted to see if she would ask to go out if she needed so we spent from noon to six on the patio and she never asked so I let her out at six and she did nothing so she didnt need to go in that time period...so I just dont know..comments??
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "the other day I wanted to see if she would ask to go out if she needed so we spent from noon to six on the patio and she never asked so I let her out at six and she did nothing so she didnt need to go in that time period...so I just dont know."

---

She recently had a "raging UTI". Were her kidneys affected?

Is she dehydrated?
wrat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wrat »

kiwani wrote: She recently had a "raging UTI". Were her kidneys affected?

Is she dehydrated?
the vet didnt mention this... she is drinking..and acting like herself
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

If *something* you've noticed is tugging at your gut instinct, maybe that she is retaining urine, maybe that she has retained urine in the past and it led to the UTI, talk to the vet about follow-up urine testing.

*Something* about her behavior is obviously signaling you.