Pictures of Willow taken with the new camera!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Pictures of Willow taken with the new camera!

Post by willowchow »

You were all so helpful with ideas on what camera to buy. I got a Sony Cybershot 7.2 megapixels and I'm having a great time with it. Here are some recent shots of Willow. :)

kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Beautiful Blue Willow!
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Does she look purebred to you??
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

I don't put as much faith in the term, "purebred" anymore, because of all the tweaking and splicing.

In the case of blues deliberately bred to blues, I think it brings out more of the Chow recessive traits, such as larger ear, light amber eyes, less feathering, etc.

When the blues gets *too* diluted, the recessive health problems come to the fore too, such as alopecia, hormone disorders etc.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Wow! She is beautiful. Love the name, too!

Karen
CenTexChows
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CenTexChows »

He is a handsome boy! 8)
kiwani wrote:I don't put as much faith in the term, "purebred" anymore, because of all the tweaking and splicing.

In the case of blues deliberately bred to blues, I think it brings out more of the Chow recessive traits, such as larger ear, light amber eyes, less feathering, etc.

When the blues gets *too* diluted, the recessive health problems come to the fore too, such as alopecia, hormone disorders etc.
I’m just curious to what you do for a living? Are you a Vet or a breeder? I've seen many people on this board ask you questions.

Thanks.

Oh I like to see your chow... you can send me a PM.
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Willow is very gorgeous! However in the 3rd picture she really does kinda look like a grizzley bear! I've had people make the same comment about Dakota. In particular whenever we go camping to the Banff/Jasper area of the province I live in, there is a large amount of Japanese tourists and they always comment on how she looks like a little bear :lol:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Willow is beautiful and what lovely photographs. :)

I must get mine going! :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Willow is beautiful. :) I love blue chows. The pics with the new camera look great. Are you having as much fun with your new camera as I am with mine? LOL
Nancy and Tai

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Beautiful. She looks 'pure' to me. She doesn't have the folds of skin so many chows do which tend to make the snout look incorrect; not boxy enough. My Lily has that same look. also, not feathering as much as the males tend to changes the way the head looks too. She looks like a perfect 100% Queen Chow. I also have a cybershot, but much older. It has stood the test of time. I know you'll love yours!
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Yeah pictures of willow, what a beauty!
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

my mom was just asking me to see pics of a blue and I told her you would be posting soon! Willow is beautiful!

Mandy
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Oh, thank you all so much for the wonderful compliments. I'm glad to know she's probably pure bred, not that I'll be breeding her. I should post some of the pictures from when she first came to me, you wouldn't even think it was her.
wrat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wrat »

I like the last pic..looks regal
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

I just think she's beautiful. The first show I ever saw (and learned what a chow was.. LOL) was a blue chow and I have loved the blues ever since. My favorite pic of Willow is the last one too. :)
Nancy and Tai