DooWapppppppp

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Good Morning, Red :wink:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Don't know if the Bible saying will mean much. Not too familiar with what the JEWS belive in. For being a JEW, you'd think she'd be more passionate. Guess not. Maybe hypocite is the right word.

I said that I didn't know the Jewish beliefs, but thought that someone that deep into the Jewish religion would be more compassionate toward fellow human beings.

Not to beat a dead horse, but these are both your statements, Jaygow...do you see how even though they say the same thing, the former was meant to insult by emphasizing 'JEW' as opposed to the latter, where you showed respect and used 'Jewish religion'?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Morning Vic here's something just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Aj2yODys0
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red, You and Breathess and your Youtube, I'll be glad when they shut them down. The only decent thing on there Is the Hippo and the dog. My grandson hasn't stopped watching the farting Hippo sence you posted it. He even acts it on in the car all the time. oh yeah and Shakira can't forget about her.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Please I never watched youtube until you and breathless introduced me to it. I thought it was just a bunch of dumb people acting stupid. Now I am addicted it's all your fault jeff.

There has to be other music that you like.. What about

You have to LOVE this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zBq7wmxBQ

And everyone on the planet loves this songs except serial killers. Your not a serial killer are you???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaQCirSxnvg
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvMUkuG_yrQ
That's my largest poodle and my maine coon messing around.Also lots of good doowop clips on that page :lol:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

doowop clips

Anyone ever watch the Doowop shows on PBS or any of the other's, 60' 70's 80'?

The only bad part about the doowop and 60's shows is when they scan the audience and you think OMG those are my piers thats scary as hell.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Not to add to the fire but I know of at least a Buddhist and a Shinto on the site. Their religions aren't based on either testament. Religion is better not discussed. I switched Yoshi's name from Zion because it is too religious. I have both Jewish and Christian friends but since I am neither, I didn't think it would be appropriate.

David
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Lou wrote: Nancy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
LOL not quite yet Lou, but thank you for remembering anyway my sweet friend. :x
Nancy and Tai

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Going to be 21 already? Wow bet you are excited!! :D :lol: :D
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Sorry Nancy, I didn't mean to put Doowop the 60's and your Birthday all in the same thread, but Happy Birthday anyway.

ImageImage
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Jeff&Peks wrote:doowop clips

Anyone ever watch the Doowop shows on PBS or any of the other's, 60' 70's 80'?

The only bad part about the doowop and 60's shows is when they scan the audience and you think OMG those are my piers thats scary as hell.
I have the pbs doowop shows on video,got them from friends in the USA when I still lived in Holland.Doowop 50 was recorded in 1999 and half the singers have passed since,sad.
If you do like doowop check out some of the newer groups on my page,especially the Roomates .
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

zingara_princepessa wrote:Vics, Happy Palm Sunday!

I tried to shift the topic with my BYB comment, but to no avail. That's what I was trying to do when I made my unfortunate remark about Luana maybe needing a boyfriend, I was trying to LIGHTEN THINGS UP. Boy was THAT a mistake! Every one of these threads reads as though that comment alone should have me before a firing squad! When did we get so puritanical? I didn't mean anything by it. I was trying to change the subject! I've apologized for it any number of times and it keeps coming up. Is there no forgiveness??? Is there now wiggle room for those of us who make a mistake?
Jennifer...
I was in no way pointing a finger at you. So please don't take it as a personal attack on you. That thread was going down the tubes long before your comment about Luane needing a boyfriend.
The point in all of my post was that we all need to return to the point where there is respect, acceptance, friendship and support here, not mean comments and nasty posts and threads that need to be locked by one or more of the moderators to stop the anger. There is a time and a place to voice an opinion, and what happened in that thread should never have happened. That's where respect comes in at. 2 familes were hurting terribly. Because I know exactly how they are feeling right now, I understood what that entire thread did to them. We all make mistakes... we are human. And because we are human we can't see into the future. Sometimes we don't make the right decisions, or sometimes we make decisions that we regret later on. Whether or not that was the case with Khon, no ones knows. It just may have been his time to go. Regardless, those 2 families need our support right now. That's my only concern at this point. Pointing fingers or accusations are not going to bring Khon back. Both those families need time and support to help them heal.
Nancy and Tai

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Red, you make my Day :wink:
Did Jeff just switch this tread to Doowop??? :lol: :lol: He did that yesterday too didn't he????

Desi- Who gets the best of who???? They are soooo cute!!!
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Sorry Nancy, I didn't mean to put Doowop the 60's and your Birthday all in the same thread, but Happy Birthday anyway.
LOL Thanks Jeff... but it isn't my birthday yet. I do remember Doowops tho.
Nancy and Tai

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh and Red, That is the most adorable pic,I just want to snuggle up and take a nap with that pretty black fuzzball.........I hope Kearra turns that black and silky, she is starting to get her grow up hairs now........
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I can't figure out if I'm too old for doowop or too young :lol: :lol:
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

vicster605 wrote:Red, you make my Day :wink:
Did Jeff just switch this tread to Doowop??? :lol: :lol: He did that yesterday too didn't he????

Desi- Who gets the best of who???? They are soooo cute!!!
That video was shot a couple of months ago.By now Tigger weighs 18 lbs,which is 6 more than Scarlet.
Tigger showed up at my back door when our Siamese was dying of kidney and liver failure.Scarlet was best friends with that old cat and she was really depressed those days.
Tigger walked in and decided he wanted to be her new best friend.
I always laugh when people talk about dogs and cats not getting along,I have always had dogs and cats sleeping and playing together.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

But it is your birthday, Nancy! Doesn't everyone get a week to celebrate their birthday?! If not, we need to start a tradition and Nancy, you're the first on the list because you deserve it! So everyone, join me... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY!

I saw the PBS doowop show and called my sister to tune to the channel. It was her era and oddly enough, I knew the lyrics to the songs. They only played their 45's over and over and over and over again.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

vicster605, No ones to old for Doowop, you just sang your own doowop song, "I'm to old for Doowop" Excuse me, "I'm to Young for doowop" Add a few more words with a few wop, wops at the end then go on PBS.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

vicster605 wrote:I can't figure out if I'm too old for doowop or too young :lol: :lol:
I know 14 year olds that like it (even some that are recording doowp artists) and 70 year olds that like it(and sing it) ,so if you're anywhere in between your age is no excuse,lol
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Desi wrote:
vicster605 wrote:I can't figure out if I'm too old for doowop or too young :lol: :lol:
I know 14 year olds that like it (even some that are recording doowp artists) and 70 year olds that like it(and sing it) ,so if you're anywhere in between your age is no excuse,lol
And younger what kids will dance to doo wop like crazy. Little kids between 4-6 love the the stuff just ask my 5 year old!
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Lou wrote:But it is your birthday, Nancy! Doesn't everyone get a week to celebrate their birthday?! If not, we need to start a tradition and Nancy, you're the first on the list because you deserve it! So everyone, join me... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY!
LOL Lou. :)
Nancy and Tai

Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

used to play silly covers of doowop songs to Dion's friends and they loved them.When he was 6 he knew the lyrics to lots of songs (even though back then he didn't really speak English).Now it's all rap and r and b :(
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Doowop ??

Post by zingara_princepessa »

I wasn't only typing to you, Nancy, but thank you for your kind words.

Is DooWop an Italian pejorative? As in WOP? I'M OFFENDED!!!

[-(

(I'm soooo kidding!)
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!