Koda's Visit To The Vet and Pics LOL

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Koda's Visit To The Vet and Pics LOL

Post by ngraham »

Well I told everyone that I'd try to get some recent pics of Koda this weekend, so decided we'd take the camera with us and get a couple of pics while we were at the vet. LOL Amber rolled her eyes... thought I was being a dork, but oh well. LOL Koda's very first visit to the vet (Dec 2nd) he weighed 16 pounds, 14 ounces, 3 weeks later (Christmas Eve day) he weighed 22 pounds, 3 ounces. Today, 4 weeks later he weighed in at a whopping 33 pounds, 8 ounces. 11 pounds, 5 ounces he's gained in 4 weeks. I knew he had done a major growth spurt, but wow. LOL Doc was very happy with Kodie's progress both physically and socially. Altho he was still a bit timid, he wagged his tail the entire time we were there and seemed alot more relaxed being there this morning. He let Doc open his mouth and feel all the places docs need to feel. LOL He even gave the vet assistant kisses. Doc said he was almost a completely different puppy then he was the first time he had seen him. Said whatever you're doing, keep it up because it's working. He's doing beautifully. We got his surgery to be neutered scheduled for February 10th. I told them I was NOT leaving Koda over night. I would drop him off on the way to work and pick him up when I got off work, and then I would be home with him the weekend. They laughed at me and told me that was fine, they expected that. LOL Doc said Koda's belly button hernia is really getting smaller, but there is still a hole and if it hasn't finished closing, he'll close it up when he neuters him. Also, Koda's eyes are looking alot better and tho they are still tearing, he still thinks the entropian surgery will not be necessary because as his head grows the condition is improving. One eye is a little worse than the other, but he said he still thinks both eyes will come out of it as he grows. He just kept telling me how well Koda is doing both physically and socially and how he could tell he was well loved and taken care of the right way. He said too many chow owners think chows are like other dogs and you can't do that. I did ask Doc about Koda's color since that was a topic in the pics post, and he said Koda is more in the cream/fawn category, not red or cinnamon. And also said he is a very good looking chow.
Here's the pics... Amber putting Koda on the scale to be weighed and the second Koda and Doc Sloan

Nancy and Tai

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Nancy, they are beautiful pictures and what an excellent report! Now, I was going to accuse you of pride - but you have every right to be very proud, both of young Koda but also of the way you are bringing him up. I salute you! :)

Thank you for thinking to take the camera with you - wonderful pictures!

Purple kisses from M & M. :) :) 'cos they are good as gold at the Vet's too!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Koda

Post by Sharons Chows »

Oh, he is just so adorable and precious!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Aren't you a fellow scrapper? My daughter always has a pained look on her face when I grab my camera. I was a portrait photographer in the 80's, she ought to be glad she was born in the 90's! I love seeing everyone's photographs, and that boy of your's is looking bigger than ever- what's his current stats? (age/weight)
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Auddymay wrote:Aren't you a fellow scrapper? My daughter always has a pained look on her face when I grab my camera. I was a portrait photographer in the 80's, she ought to be glad she was born in the 90's! I love seeing everyone's photographs, and that boy of your's is looking bigger than ever- what's his current stats? (age/weight)
ROFL... Koda is bigger than ever. Even I was amazed at the vet's this morning. Right now Kodie is a little over 4 months old and he weighs 33 1/2 pounds. When Sasha was alive, her biggest she was usually somewhere between 45 and 48 pounds. I knew Kodie was getting close to the size of Sasha already. The vet just shakes his head and keeps saying he is going to be one big boy when he's done. LOL And I think we go through alot of dog food now????
Nancy and Tai

Post by Guest »

Adorable Pictures!
Chi-Ching just turned 5 months old and he weighs around 25 pounds! And I thought he was looking big! LOL I guess he is gonna be a bit small......which is just fine with me! LOL
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I'm really impressed with how koda stands on the scales! You should see Gracie, she doesnt want to stand on them, we put her on and she jumps off before they can be read, just wants out of that room. What we can tell is she weighs at least 47 lbs, she's almost a year old.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Koda doesn't particularly like the scales either which is why Amber put him on the scale instead of the vet tech. LOL Amber is almost as bad as I am when it comes to Kodie. She is right there just like I am at the vets and asks just as many questions as I do almost. And since she is home with Koda more than I am, she gives Doc just as much information as I do. They had a good discussion about Koda's hernia. LOL But she would just as soon do things for Koda instead of seeing him upset LOL
Nancy and Tai