New Family Addition

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

rubesgirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

New Family Addition

Post by rubesgirl »

We found a beautiful 8-9 week old Chow-mix baby at the Beaufort County Animal Control Shelter in Washington, NC. We were watching the info on the adoption board and someone mentioned petfinder.com, again. I checked locally, but there was nothing. I searched a little farther out and found the sweetest babies I've seen in a long time. They are not purebred, but we will have a DNA test done sometime next month to find out what he's mixed with. The shelter folks were WONDERFUL to work with. We were able to play with any of the babies in a private room and did. We chose our little Mu-Shu, and he was great on the 2 1/2 hour ride home. He only yacced up his food 3 times! Fortunately, we had several towels and I was able to clean him up each time. I'm hoping this will pass as he gets a little older. We are thrilled with him.
I know I said wanted a purebred, but when we saw this little face, it was love at first sight. Even my skeptical husband has fallen for him. There are still four of the litter left there. One male who is smaller, but still mostly Chow and three other sibs who don't look like Chows at all. I hope someone will want them. The officers at the Shelter told us that they keep puppies indefinitely, which was a relief! I hated to leave the litter-mate, but could only take one. Oh yes, the first thing Mu-Shu did was try to make friends with our rescued Maine Coon, Daisy. She wasn't too thrilled at first, but didn't hiss or swat at him, so it's a good start. We haven't introduced him to our goofy Lab, yet, but I'm sure Mu-Shu and Axle will hit it off. Axle likes everyone!

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

He's a cutie! No matter what he's mixed with. LOL I think it's funny that the cat is bigger than the puppy right now, won't last long and by the time the puppy figures it out the cat will be the boss anyway. But you have to get a picture of them really close together, big black fluffy dog and somewhat large fluffy white cat.

Mane coons are one of the cat breeds I can be around for more than 20 minutes.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vicster605@cmaaccess.com »

Beautiful little black pup!!!! And your kitty is really pretty too! I'm with Victory, I'm sure the pup will find out the cat is the Boss, REAL SOON, it has that LOOK on its face {like you better not bother me} :lol: :lol:
Tired of ALL THAT JAZZ ABOUT THE CHOW CHOW BREED!!!!
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

another great rescue story. mu shu is adorable. lots of luck.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

What's not to love! I can see how you couldn't resist. Kitty is pretty too! Love the black and white! Great pictures you will have if you can get them together :lol: I can't wait to see what this little pup grows up to look like! Keep the pictures coming.
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

AWWWWW!!! what a cute like black baby! Cute kitty too, he doesn't look too impressed! There's no way anyone couldn't love that little baby!!!! congratulations on you new addition!!
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

What an adorable chow baby!!!!! Congratulations! I hope that you and your family are having as much fun with her as my family is having with Naomi. Isn't it so fun to have a new puppy in the house?!

Keep posting those pictures! We just love seeing chow babies grow up!

Missi, Precious & Naomi
Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Beautiful little face - I can understand you being smitten. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
CodasMum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CodasMum »

Aww, what a cutie. Our cats took to Coda but after a couple days they decided that enough was enough and let him know who was boss. He is a little tattle tale though. All they have to do is sit across the room and hiss at him and he comes crying to tell on them. :lol:
CodasMum

rubesgirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

More News on Mu-Shu

Post by rubesgirl »

THANKS, Everyone, for your wonderful and supportive comments. He is a little doll! He took right to the cat-carrier and made it his "den." He slept in it and goes back in when he's tired. He also puddled on the kitchen floor just once. We mopped it up with some newspaper and put it on more newspaper. The next time he had to go, he went straight to the paper! I've never had a pup train so easily. We put his crate into the bathtub in the hallway bath, next to our room. He can't get out of the tub, so I feel safe leaving him there temporarily, or until he's big enough to climb out. He whined a bit last night, but we put a pair of Armand's socks in the crate and turned on talk-radio for him. He stopped whining for the rest of the night! My daughter has a Whippet and I will get his outgrown crate when Mu-Shu is big enough. I'm afraid he'd feel too exposed right now in somehting that big. He growled at my husband this morning, until he got a sniff of him, then he stopped and his little tail wagged so hard! I know, I know . . . I'm a new "mom" and it's written all over me. I'll try to get a pic of the black pup and white cat together and post it. Daisy is not exactly thrilled about Mu-Shu, but she's not really discouraging him, either. She knows she's the Queen and he's merely a peon, so she's not too disturbed. She keeps peeking into the bathtub to watch him, it's too funny. Anyway, thanks again for all your support! :inlove: with my Chow!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh he is soooooooo cute! Congratulations. I can just picture him wagging that adorable little tail.