fl
55%

Total votes: 11

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Where to hold a southeast Chowfest

Post by redangie24 »

Hmm. this is a good one. Because as we all know florida is almost always warm with beaches, but it is the farthest south. North Caroloina is the farthest north. Don't know much about south Carolina other than myrtle beach. Some of us live in Georgia. What a rat hole. lol.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I've been to Georgia, and thought Atlanta (galleria district) was lovely. Maybe it's those military bases that leave something to be desired?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

No its living here. Unbearable humidity and heat in the summer. Cochroaches that can eat your dog, ants ants and more ants. Horse flys that love to bite you every second you go outside, oh yeah and the racism gets on my nerves as well.

And Atlanta is a world away from the rest of Georgia. It is pretty normal there. And the crime rates down here are horrible. Especially when considering the size of most cities and towns. I liked when I came to visit years before I moved here, but living here is horrible. You can't go swimming in the water. At least not if you have any sense the water is all dirty looking and you never know whats in it. People wise the base and atlanta are the only redeeming qualities. It is how I keep my sanity. Now I am not saying everyone is bad, but more bad apples than good ones. But my main complain is the darn pests. Georgia needs one giant exterminator. And the ant hills large as can be and everywhere. Even all the ants bite. Also, if you come back stay away from the larger black and red fuzzy ants. They are acutally a flightless female wasp that's sting is so horrible you think you might rather cut off the appendage the sting is on then tolerate it. It is even called a cow killer. I don't think they have ever really killed a cow, but they can put a child in the hospital.

Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Crewe, Cheshire, England. 8-} :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

There you go let's all fly to England...hehe.

I lived in Georgia for almost a year now and I had it!!! It's like Angie said and more. You should see our news. The crime is unbelievable. I've never been so scared. First thing ppl told us when we moved here, is to be at home after dark. Atlanta sure has it's good sides. I absolutely love down town, but one time our tire busted at night in the middle of Atlanta and I felt like at the beginning of a Horror movie. I met some nice ppl here too, but most of them where from New York or Florida.
Don't even get me started on the Pest...I feel like I'm surrounded by scorpions and huge black and yellow spiders. Yuck!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

...so, y'all won't be voting for Georgia?
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

Now what makes you think that. :P I think I'm gonna go for one of the Carolinas, if there's a dog friendly beach somewhere.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

GEEEEE If I didn't know better I would think you guys were talkin' about New Orleans!!! Maybe some of our crimials moved to Georgia huh??? I guess nobody is jealous of our warmer weather now........
My vote is for Florida, if your gonna go that far south, might as well go for the GUSTO...........
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Judy, THOSE ARE THE CUTEST LIL" BUNNY'S I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

They are aren't they and they came from San Francisco - all ready for when you all fly over to Cheshire for the Chow Fest here!! :laughloud:
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Wow looks like florida is winning out so far. Hmm dog beaches. I forgot there is one redeeming quality to georgia. The amusement parks. There is a couple here that are loads of fun. And Stone mountain is good since you can bring your pup with you. Still all that confederate stuff is a little creepy at times.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I would watch those bunny ears judy now that they are killing large rabbits for food. When ever we go camping or out in the wilds I always put a scarf around Pekoe's neck so she's not mistaken for a bear and gets shot.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

They are beautiful bunny ears though Jeff.............. :lol:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yep, have to say they do look good on M&M but its the models that are making the ears look good.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

If were tossing out ideas for the southeast, you know I'm going to say...Birmingham, AL.
We have Visionland theme park, and waterpark.
The Civil Rights Museum is an awesome place. Folks come from all over the world to visit there. We're currently building a park that is larger than Central Park in New York. B'Ham is an artsy-fartsy city, so there is a lot to do. We have dog parks, but I haven't been in a while.
How many people come would be coming? How much land do we need, geez I may be able to support a chow fest at my place??? I have 3 acres that is flat and cleared, the remaining 4 acres is wooded, steep, and rocky.
There are a couple of hotels close by too.
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

Well I finally made a decision and voted for Florida. I love it there, and the best part about Georgia is, that it's only a few hours away from Florida. :wink:
You are actually right vicster, alot of the ppl from New Orleans moved to Atlanta after Katrina.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

I voted for Florida. Tampa Bay is perfect! We've got St. Pete, Clearwater and Tampa. On the Gulf, perfect weather, 1 hour from Disney... everything we need for the great Chowfest!

I'll even crawl out of my cave to party with everyone!
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I am loving florida. So do we need to find a chow friendly place or does anyone have a big ol place down there or do you have something in mind?
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Well, I have a fairly large house (5 bedrooms) but not alot of property and no fence. But there are plenty of places around here (parks and such) that we could easily hold the party.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I dont remember if it was NC or SC, but I seen where in one of them Chows aren't allowed at rest areas. I don't even know if it's the entire state or just certain ones.
Oh in Daytona we stayed at a motel overlooking the ocean, dog friendly. The rooms set up with a bedroom, kitchen, livingroom and a balcony so you can sit out and enjoy the ocean view.
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

My DH is suggesting Pensacola. It's only 5 hours from Atlanta. I don't know if the beaches are dog friendly there. We went to the one at the Navy Base, it was beautiful, but don't know if they allow dogs...
I'm saying anything within 5 hours from here would be great. What's Jacksonville like?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Jacksonville is lovely.

I know its not nc with a dog ban. There is a stop at a place called south of the border that even has a dog rest area. Complete with water pump and bowl, dog house and it is all fenced in with a short lil picket fence. Of course you have to watch out for the "nice dogs." Ivana was attacked by two lil chiwawa'a (sp?) and Ziyear got charged by a golden retriever and two lil fluffy dogs. Luckily the owner got ahold of them and then told me they are unfriendly and don't get along with other dogs...
and ppl talk about chows. Ivana may not love other girl dogs, but she does not charge or try to bite. Just walk past them like she is queen of the world.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I'm havin' visions of Chow Chows covered in sand :shock:Everyone that has snow may appreciate it after the sand.......I think we should All stand around and give those visious Chawawa {sp}owners dirty looks for bringing thoses things out in public haha Kinda like those people that give us those looks in Pet Smart haha
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yep, I'm with Jeff IT IS THE MODELS MAKING THOSE BUNNY EARS LOOK GOOD!!!!
Pensicola has those BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, BUT I would be in Chow Chow HEAVEN to see a Chow Chow of every color WELL GROOMED and happy, playin'together. Any excuse to get out of New Orleans..........haha Have car will travelhaha
If you think it's BAD in Georgia with the People that left here, YOU SHOULD SEE SOME OF THE ONES THAT STAYED, AND THE CRIMINALS THAT CAME HERE FROM TX. TO TAKE ADVANTAGE, THE MURDER RATE IS OUT OF THE BOX.................
That would be why we are MOVING TO Ms. IN THE COUNTRY!!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Ok - so I take it we are not holding it in Crewe - we are South-East of the Isle of Man you know!! :lol: