Birthday calendar

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Birthday calendar

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hi All,
I'd like to take on the challenge of making us a calendar with all of our chow chow's birthdays. So anyone who hasn't included their chow's b-day in the post called "birthdays" in the birthday's etc. forum or the newer post called "chow puppies of 2006" in the photo gallery section, please do so. :D

I was thinking of showcasing all our chows. I'm hoping that this will work out the way I hope it will! :D I'd like to ask you all for your permission to use pics of your chows. If you'd like your chow to be included, I'll pm you my email address and I'd like to get two pics of your chow baby (those of you who have two or more chows, I'd like two pics per chow). Or if you would like me to use pics that are already posted here, point me to the right post. If I cna get everyone's pictures by sometime next week, let's say next Friday for now, then hopefully I could have the calendar all set to go by the following week.
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

What a great idea - I would love for Nikita to be included - her birthday is 10/19/06, I am about to post new pictures of her. Thanks and good luck :D
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

That is a lovely idea and is there any possibility of giving where the chow chow lives i.e. county or state so that Fred knows which flag to fly!!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Great idea but all I know is Pekoe's birthday is in February I don't know the exact date and I hardly have any pictures, all of Pekoe's papers and pictures are packed away in boxes and the boxes are some where between CA and New York and that's even if they are still in the US.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh yes Judy, I'll be sure to include that information too, what a great idea!

Jeff, we'll just put Pekoe down for the whole month of February! :lol: I'll just look for the pictures you've posted of her here then, I remember there are a few really, really nice ones of her.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

What I suggest Jeff is that when February comes discuss the situation with Pekoe.
You and she should be able to decide on a day that "could" be her birthday. :roll:
Mathematically, Geometrically, philosophically or simply by closing your eyes, and putting Pekoe's paw on a date. :lol:
We have the Californian Golden Bear waiting!! :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The 16th sounds good, I'm Dec 16th, Chris is Oct 16th, and 16th century english proverbs, a barking dog never bites and every dog has its day. What that had to do with anything I have no idea.

http://www.famous-proverbs.com/16th_Cen ... overbs.htm
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Leela is pawwwwwinnng me to be included...

Yes, Leela, we are asking nicely :wink:
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh well Jeff and Pekoe - let us take that as read.

Pekoe's Birthday is 16th February everybody!! =D=

Chowfrnd. take note!! :D
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

So noted! :D HRH Pekoe's b-day is Feb. 16th :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Melanie did a Check on Red dragons Chows and got all the info how did she do that, I could check Pekoe and see when her birthdays is, The problem is I don't know Pekeo's full name but I know her Dad was Brutus Beefcake with a bunch of other Chinese Names on the papers, She was born in Northern CA, in Eukia Ca (sp), If that helps anyone that knows how to do the checking. Her Birthday may not even be in Feb I'm just guessing.

ImageImage
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Sorry jeff I could not find anything under Pekeo or brutus beefcake. they had some brutus beefcake but no chows. Do you have any other names from her family tree? what about the name of the kennel?
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Now you see this whole subject of Pekoe would perplex my mother somewhat!! :D
She loved to hear about her trips to the vet and so on and would chuckle away.
However, she was concerned about Pekoe's colour. In her opinion Pekoe should have been a red. :?
When my father was in the Royal Navy, at one time, during the second world war, he was serving round China way and he used to send little crates of tea home. It was on ration here on The Island and one of the types he used to send was "Orange Pekoe". It was highly prized and a quarter of a pound of it could be swopped in the village for say butter, or some sugar. :)
Because of the name orange Pekoe she really thought that Jeff named Pekoe after it but could not understand his thinking given that precious HRH Pekoe is a black chow! :lol:
Last edited by Judy Fox on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

Cabo is April 17th - I can't believe he's gonna be a year old soon! I'll get some more pics or I know I've posted a few around here somewhere!
Mommy to Cabo
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I was orginally thinking of making this a monthly calendar, but would it be okay with everyone if it becomes a weekly calendar? So ther would be a new pic for each week? Let me know if anyone thinks that's too much. I just think it would be give us more space to write down all the chow's info, I'd like to include the chow's name, the member's screen name that the chow owns, and of course the location of the chow.

Jeff, I hope that someone can help with finding info on Pekoe. This is an exciting new quest. I always think of her when I drink my orange pekoe tea too!
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Great idea!

I'd like Brandon to be included. November 15th.

There's one picture in the photo section. I'll get you another one. May be a day or two, though. We're supposed to get some serious ice here.

Yvonne and Brandon
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Great, thanks Yvonne!

Post by Guest »

Asa & Asti would love to be included! Asa's birthday is 5-1-05. I don't know Asti's exact date, but it's approximately 8-5-05. What a great idea!
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Chi-Ching wants to be part too!! His birthday is August 19!!

What is funny is the baby is due around the 18th of August!
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

I posted Leela's picture in the photo forum. Let me know if it is okay.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Great, thanks everybody!

PrupleKisses, it would be too cute if the baby arrived on the 19th!
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Oh Katalin, did I miss this? I'm so late to the game
If so thats fine. Onyx will be 3 on Sunday, Jan 21st.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh belive me Celeste you're not late at all!! :D I've almost got a few new pages done, but this will still be going on for a while. :D
Chowsrule
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chowsrule »

Oops, apparently I wasn't logged on when I first posted this info. Must have been having a "senior" moment...again. :lol:

Asa & Asti would love to be included! Asa's birthday is 5-1-05. I don't know Asti's exact date, but it's approximately 8-5-05. What a great idea!
Kristie
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL that's okay, I knew who the post was from! :D Thanks for the b-day info!