General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

cheyx7
Rank 0
Rank 0

LINDA FERNANDEZ CHERUB CHOWS

Post by cheyx7 »

Hi Everyone!

We just recently lost our beloved chow on Sunday... we can't even put into words how heartbroken we are. She was born December 17th 2014 she was only 9 but unfortunately these last few months have been extremely rough and this last week she took an absolute turn for the worst. She began throwing up 4-5 times a day her stools became runny black/bloody to then we were in and out of the vet almost every other week trying to find a cause for all of this. Finally we took her to the emergency vet because we felt we werent getting the answers we needed. 10k later we get the diagnosis she has adenocarcinoma (stomach cancer) a spot on her adrenal gland, and a spot on her liver. Hearing that left us absolutley gutted, and because this cancer was already so advanced they advised against surgery as she may not make it during the operation so we decided to make these last couple weeks we had with her the best we could...

But curiousity upon losing her left us wondering if anyone else has experienced severe health issues with the chow they purchased through Linda at Cherub chows? Even trying to communicate with her about purchasing our puppy she was always extremely rude/unprofessional but at that point our hearts were already set on our chow so we dealt with her. Then when the time came to pick her up at the airport we were so upset to see how she was shipped... shoved into a tiny tiny crate and covered in fecal matter (again at that point all we cared about was making sure our puppy was okay and safe so we didnt even bother bugging Linda again) Then after taking her to the vet within the next week come to find out she had roundworms, severe entropion, and above all a stigmatism which the vet said was extremely unusual as sometimes this can be genetics but in most cases it is due to physical trauma. Hearing everything this poor puppy had gone through in such little time left us absolutely enraged/disgusted with Linda's obvious disregard for her chows and when we reached out to her about this she never answered us. But now after losing our girl we began looking online to see if anyone has also encountered her after seeing some stories online and almost everyone that has ever purchased a puppy from her has nothing but issues, sick puppies, and extremely bad interactions with her. I saw one person wrote they actually went to her house to get their puppy and it was beyond filthy the dogs were in poor shape and apparently she has over 30 chows?? How is this lady still in business? I'm usually not one to even write about these things but after losing my bestfriend and hearing that people are still buying from this lady is so disappointing.

I would love to hear anyone else's experience with this lady!

If you're reading this please consider purchasing/adopting your new bestfriend from a breeder that truly cares for the dogs. Do not purchase from Linda Fernandez (Cherub Chows).