New to chow chows

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Midgeamoo
Rank 0
Rank 0

New to chow chows

Post by Midgeamoo »

We have a beautiful 9 month old chow chow female. Her name is Midge. Midge has been amazing and gotten along with me, my husband, and our other puppy (not a chow) REALLY well. Absolutely no issues. We've been working on socialization as much as possible. She's a little shy but getting better. Here's my thing. She developed a hot spot and we called the vet and they told us not to worry and what to do. We separated the dogs while we cleaned the spot cause we were sure she wasn't going to enjoy it or be completely herself. We gave her a few minutes to adjust after the cleaning and let her calm down. When she seemed ok we let the other dog in. Midge rushed our other dog and cause a few nasty scratches. We're keeping them separated when we're not around but they seem to have an understanding now and Midge is getting better about it as she heals. Is this the new norm or are will she go back to her sweet self when she heals? We did a lot of reading on chows before getting her. And we haven't had an issue out of her except the timidness in certain situations. I love her to pieces and hate to see her feeling bad.