Buddha is not feeling well

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Buddhabuddha
Rank 0
Rank 0

Buddha is not feeling well

Post by Buddhabuddha »

My chowchow buddha, is not feeling well. I got him last on april 29, 2012. He is two months old male. We took him to the groomers today may 5 and on the way there he puked. And now he is not eating but keeps on drinking water. He is not energetic as usual. What can i do? What's wrong with him? Do i bring him now to the vet? Help asap.
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Buddha is not feeling well

Post by PCC »

I recommend you bring him to a vet ASAP. You can never be too careful with a puppy.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Buddha might had nausea while travelling to the groomer and sometimes it takes the rest of the day to shake it off.
But then, I want to ask if you are sure that Buddha has been properly vaccinated against diseases namely DHLPP (at least twice if Buddha has been released at 8wks) and 3-4x deworming?
These are all important steps in ensuring that your pup will not die within months afte release. You have to continue the vaccinations and deworming.
It helps if you have a vet within the neighborhod.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Not hearing anything further, car sickness is certainly an option.
hjana
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hjana »

i suggest that in cases like these where you notice frequent vomiting it is best that you bring him to the vet becasue it might cause sever dehydration which is very dangerous case.it is best that you have him checked becasue a behavior like that may also mean poisoning or buddha may have mistakenly chewed on something that may be harmful.