I am so FURIOUS with my brother...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

I am so FURIOUS with my brother...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

For a while now, I've been talking my dad up on "getting a puppy" to hopefully break it to him that "I'm getting" Dixie (even though we all know I've had her for a year and four months now... And it was working GREAT! My dad has opened up to the idea of a "puppy". And then tonight, my brother brought home a pitbull/rottweiler mix puppy. :evil: I am beyond furious. I was so close to not having to hide Dixie and now, I'm so, so far away...

I mean yes, this puppy is cute, but she has just made my life way more complicated... And I KNOW for a fact that my brother is going to get either frustrated or bored with him and shove her off on ME. And I just can't bring myself to accept this puppy... I just feel like putting my head through a wall right now. And my dad's just gonna be furious about this too... And will probably chew me out about this as soon as he finds out...
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
terrohl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: I am so FURIOUS with my brother...

Post by terrohl »

It sounds as though you are in a dilemma. I don't know how old you and your brother are, if you all live together. But it is important to think about how this effects the dogs. Is there someone in the family who can mediate between all of you to work this out, so the household will be in harmony? If you postpone working this out now, it will not be any better for the dogs and the humans. Potentially it could be someone gets hurt. If you are of age, the simple answer if this dog Dixie is important - is to get your own place where you can control your own environment and not live with your brother who has another type of dog, or your father whom you have hidden what is really going on. I have had people tell me to give up my dogs to find a place to live, or make it more convenient for them. But the dogs depend on me and I will not give them up. So it has forced me to make decisions about whom I live with and where. But if you give up the dog when it could have stayed with you, I think you'll be hurt. Because I can tell the way you have written this dog is incredibly important. There is a lot to consider, but it sounds like if you are all living together it has come to a head, and there is no avoiding bringing it all out on the table to discuss and work things out. I don't think your brother should introduce a puppy into the house without their being acceptance from everyone in the family. It's not right for the animals. Good luck.