Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Bedtime last night

Post by Victory »

I give the chowdern their OMH P-Nuttier treats at night before we go to bed. I have my peach or cherry tea and they have their cookies.

Dreamdancer is a cave dweller at heart, he thinks he's hiding when he sticks his little head under the dresser drawer like this. Yes I leave it open for him, he's spoiled silly:

This is him begging for more: All the torn stuff on the floor is from them too...what is it with paper?

Firesong asking for more too. Looking good for 12

Firesong settling down for sleep...Dreamdancer is under the bed!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Bedtime last night

Post by Tippsy'smom »

They're so cute! :D And Firesong definitely looks good for 12! I'd never guess it!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Rex343
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rex343 »

Nice pictures. Not to hijack the thread, but I see you have hard wood floors. How do they stand up to the Chows? How often do you trim their nails? Thanks.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Rex343 wrote:Nice pictures. Not to hijack the thread, but I see you have hard wood floors. How do they stand up to the Chows? How often do you trim their nails? Thanks.
Actually they aren't real wood, it's a fake wood floor made of veneer over the cement, we live on the bottom floor of the building. The floors stand up fine to the chows, I don't normally have to trim nails because they walk on the side walk all the time, or the rough asphalt of the street, so they naturally wear their nails down.

The only problems right now are these floors are cold in the winter and my girl is getting sensitve to that. Will she lay on a bed or rug...no, of course not, she's a chow :) But we're moving to a new apartment with carpet so she'll be warmer in the winter.
Thank you SweetPea!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Funny you mention that Victory, but mine have always preferred the coolness of the floors. No doggy beds, blankets or carpets for them. I actually need to do a bit of home maintenance, as the door sweep on our front door has worn a bit...my wife puts a 'draft buster' there as we are in our winter months here. Rory has learned to move them so he can lay at the front door and take full advantage of the added ventilation.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Rory's Dad wrote:Funny you mention that Victory, but mine have always preferred the coolness of the floors. No doggy beds, blankets or carpets for them. I actually need to do a bit of home maintenance, as the door sweep on our front door has worn a bit...my wife puts a 'draft buster' there as we are in our winter months here. Rory has learned to move them so he can lay at the front door and take full advantage of the added ventilation.
Yeah the new place has a patio door, I'm anticipating that they will be laying up against that for the coolness. Also the bathroom and kitchen are tile so they'll be there alot too. But all in all the bedroom will have warmer floors in the winter and I'm hoping it will help with her slight stiffness when she first wakes up in the morning.
Thank you SweetPea!