Beware - Unscrupulous Breeder in the McDonough, GA area

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Beware - Unscrupulous Breeder in the McDonough, GA area

Post by bellachow »

This poor girl came into the local shelter and before she could be rescued the 'owner' came to pick her up. He paid the citation & fees to get her but her conditions say everything...teeth broken & filed down from years of chewing on bars trying to get out of a cage, teets permanantly down from having litter after litter, extremely thin & almost all hair lost due to having all nutrients going to the puppies.
neglected McDonough GA.jpg
neglected McDonough GA.jpg (13.18 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
THIS IS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET REFERENCES & SEE NOT ONLY THE PUPPY YOU WANT TO BUY BUT THE CONDITONS OF THE MOM AND WHERE SHE IS KEPT. Believe me, if I had a name I would publish it just to get rid of scum who treat these poor souls like they are baby making machines. There may be good breeders in the McDonough Georgia area but I know for sure that there is atleast one that isnt. So before you buy from a breeder in this area please check them out.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Beware - Unscrupulous Breeder in the McDonough, GA area

Post by Tippsy'smom »

This makes me sick... I would wring this "breeder's" neck if I could find out who they are. The disgust me! This poor girl deserves so much better than that.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Unscrupulous is not even enough to describe that fellow. Not all humans are human inside. Some are beasts inside and it is manifested by their deeds.
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

There is a puppy mill in GA that hasn't been closed down. Apparently Chow rescue of ny gets chows from there all the time...so sad...
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I hate when people do crap like this. And it's a huge probablity that every puppy she has is AKC registered. I also would be really concerned about her stance, it is so fearful, shows little socialization, and if mom isn't socialized the puppies won't be either. Yes, this is another reason to inspect, inspect and inspect, go visit the kennel, see the mom, (and dad if possible) see how other litters and the one you are looking at are raised.

Chow puppies are some of the cutist on the planet, (if not THE cutist) but if bred and raised wrong, they are potentially cute little problems...Dang I hate this kind of thing...
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

People who treat animals like this are sickening, I hope they find this guy and shut him down.
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

It is horrible which is why I wanted to make sure that anyone looking for a breeder in that area was warned. Because if he cant make money off them then he will stop & hopefully surrender all chows to the shelter.