Chows & Cats

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chows & Cats

Post by reddog »

In connection to my posting regarding Whitby's recent adventure and her seeming to be obsessed with cats,some of you shared similar experiences. As I laid in bed last night running a number of thoughts through my head and reviewing the events of the day ( it is a nightly ritual of mine - sounds silly doesn't it?) the movie "The Wizard of Oz came to mind and The scene when Scarecrow had bits and pieces of him strewn here and there. Replace the scarecrow with a cat if one of our furry "kids" got hold of it. (Sort of a catroon sense of humor) An ear here, a tail over there, a paw back there, fur flying everywhere. Shame on the kitty for teasing. :roll:
Last edited by reddog on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Chows & Cats

Post by Sarahloo »

Did Whitby kill a kitty? :shock:
ImageImage
Kaysa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chows & Cats

Post by Kaysa »

Nice pictures Sarahloo, Muñeco is more like Whitby, he absolutely hates cats and the fact that the neighbor's cat comes everyday to taunt him doesn't help either.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Our 2 chows have no problems with our cats/kittens...i have to try to get it on video but our kitten rubs his head on our female Chow Mia she licks him..Our Male chow he plays chase with them...I guess its the way you bring them up we had our chows since very young and the kittens too,there growing up to together...Our Airedale gives one of our Kittens a bath its so cute...LOL....
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Kaysa, your Chow has the loveliest smile!!!
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi Sarahloo

No, Whitby didn't kill a kitty. I just know that she sure would give one a run for its money. I would never allow her to harm another animal if I could possibly help it. I just know when she sees a cat and I'm on the other end of the leash - it's a real "Pepsi challenge" and a real test of strength - her pulling and me holding on.

I love your picture of the chow with wings. :)
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

reddog wrote:Hi Sarahloo

No, Whitby didn't kill a kitty. I just know that she sure would give one a run for its money. I would never allow her to harm another animal if I could possibly help it. I just know when she sees a cat and I'm on the other end of the leash - it's a real "Pepsi challenge" and a real test of strength - her pulling and me holding on.

I love your picture of the chow with wings. :)
That's his tail! :D :D :D
I'm glad nobody came to harm! \:D/

I wonder why some dogs flip out at the sight of a cat and some don't? Loo's friend Loona the Lab flips out too, while Loo doesn't, at all. Loo does, however, flip out at the sight of sheep! He goes completely insane! :evil: It seems like each and every dog's prey drive is different.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

We have a few cats that neighbors allow to just roam the neighborhood, which I never understood why you get a cat then make it an outdoor cat for the neighbors to have to contend with..I had 2 cats that stayed in the house or sat on my lap on the porch. Neither of my chows bothered with our cats but the neighbors cats just sit on the otherside of the wrought iron fence and sunbathe and kill the birds out of my feeder ( to the point I took it down cause I felt bad that I was attracting them to their death.) And Nikki and Oneill would go chase the cats as far as they could.. So it might be just that taunting cats are the challange and not when they are raised together. Hope that makes sense..
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi Sarahloo

Sorry about thinking her tail was wings. I'm sort of in a purple fog today. It was a year ago today that I had my beloved Chloe put to sleep and she is really on my mind today. She was also a red chow and now she is with the angels and feeling free of pain. I've been really struggling to keep the tears at bay while I'm at work today. At least I now have Whitby to help fill the void left by Chloe.

Hi Chowpups

I know what you mean about the cats on the loose. I also have a birdfeeder and it really upsets me when the cats think they are entitled to a "free lunch" at my birdfeeder. :-x
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

reddog
I find it upsetting to watch them kill the birds as I sit at my dinner table and they are pulling apart wing by wing. And you know what one neighbor told me " you carve up a turkey in front of people at thanksgiving so what's the difference? That's the problem not really the cats just ridiculous people..I didn't even want to respond to something that stupid..Needless to say we only live next to each other but don't do anything else together.,especially don't invite them for turkey dinner.LOL
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

I once saw a cat rip a pigeon apart, a pigeon that had just come from our birdhouse. Needless to say, I was hysterical! :cry:
My cats are rescues and indoor cats. No way am I unleashing a killer on unsuspecting birds!