Northern California ChowFest XXXI (2011)

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Zhuyos mom

Northern California ChowFest XXXI (2011)

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Zhuyos mom

Re: Northern California ChowFest XXXi (2011)

Post by Zhuyos mom »

It's ChowFest time in Northern California!!!

SAVE THE DATE:
Sunday, July 24, 2011

Place: TBD

Time: TBD

If you would like to attend this year's ChowFest, please send me, by this site's PM system, your personal e-mail address, along with your chow (or chows) name. The Steering Committee would like to start a new list of attendees. So, even if you attended a past Northern California ChowFest, please send me the above info either by PM or through my personal email address.

Get those purple kissers in shape and let's also see who can eat the fastest treat! The CHOW GAMES RETURNS!!!!

Sample of CF11 T-shirt:

kingalls

Re: Northern California ChowFest XXXI (2011)

Post by kingalls »

\:D/ \:D/ Can't wait! \:D/ \:D/
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
lloe86
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lloe86 »

Sounds exciting, I maybe'd RSVP'd since last year I said yes and last minute things came up that we couldn't make it. :cry: So, I really want to make it this year! Is there going to be a laziest chow game? Or most inconvenient place to lay chow game? My Chewy may have a shot at those. lol. I'm excited, it is going to be so much fun to see so many chows in one place!
jacks920
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jacks920 »

We've never been before. What goes one there? events, food, music....Etc.... Really hope we can make it this year. How come there's not one in the Pacific Northwest?
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Iloe86: No. But if there is time, a new game will be introduced "the Chow Marathon"!

Jacks920: Just food and chows. No music. Sometimes there are games, sometimes there is walking around, but most of the time it's just a day to hang out with a bunch of chows and their parents. Not a BIG extravaganza - no fireworks, no show stuff like grooming or training etc. It's a fairly low key and laid-back afternoon, I would say. Chow parents on lawn chairs and chows sniffing about. A day of simple fun where your chow chooses what they want to do because it's their ChowFest! However, be forewarned that there's a free flow of treats!

As for your question about not having one in the Pacific Northwest.... well, you'll have to take it up with your fellow Pacific Northwest chows! We are just a bunch of chow parents near the SF bay area who mainly met through this site and wanted to finally meet the chows in person.

kingalls: 34 days till CF11 \:D/ !!!
scrpbk1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrpbk1 »

Love the t-shirts!
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Oh! I can't believe it's July already! Only 3 more weeks to go for our CF! We're getting excited! \:D/

Leonora & mum
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

\:D/ just a few more days to ChowFest 2011!! need to groom the Chow breeches and get ready! So looking forward to this coming weekend!!! :D
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

ChowFest in 2 Days!!!! \:D/

chakasmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

THANK YOU FOR CHOWFEST SF 2011!

Post by chakasmom »

Thank you for another wonderful Chowfest. It is always great to see all the chows and their parents.

Thanks especially to Lou and Cindy and everyone else involved for all the hard work put in to make this such a great event. Would love to see us get media coverage next year...

Moomba and I appreciate being included.

XO
Cher & Moomba
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: THANK YOU FOR CHOWFEST SF 2011!

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi Cher,

So glad to hear you and Moomba made it this year!! Alas, Kodi and I were unable to attend this year... I believe your Kudos belong to Lou, Karen and Chika amoung others. Can't wait to see pics!!!

Purple kisses to all,
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
ChowFUN
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: THANK YOU FOR CHOWFEST SF 2011!

Post by ChowFUN »

Thanks for a great ChowFest!!! Mochi and his bipeds had a GREAT time!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Chakasmom, I hope you don't mind I merged your topic with this topic. I wanted to make sure when I start posting photos you'll be able to receive notification to view them.

ChowFun, it was really nice meeting you. Hope Mochi had fun!

Iloe86, Thank you for driving all the way to SF for CF! Your fellow is one handsome chow. By chance did you leave a little red cooler?

Swancin, MISSED, MISSED, MISSED YOU AND LOVELY KODI!

Here are a couple of pictures for now:

The official ChowFest 2011 Group Photo

The unofficial ChowFest 2011 Group Photo, which includes Poe, who had to leave early.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

25 chows and 2 bossy little pink tongued ones at this year's ChowFest. More pictures to enjoy:

Our ChowFest 2011 logo was created and drawn specifically for CF11's 5th Anniversary by a Disney Charicature Artist

Winner "Fastest Treat Eater" - Little Bear

Winner "Chow Marathon" - Mochi

Winner "Most Purple Kisses", breaking the ChowFest record with 27 continuous kisses - Bruin
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Fifth Anniversary Favor Bags

Memorial Table honoring Fozzie, Chowfun and Sunny

Sending our kisses to the chows up over at the Rainbow Garden
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Yay, looks like a beautiful day (Always is!), full of fun (Always is!). Thanks so much for sharing the photos. Hope to see more.

Take good care and Purple Kisses all around.
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Here is a slideshow of yesterday's ChowFest.
Please click on the link to view it.

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d6a55354e ... gview=true
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

\:D/ Love, Luv, Loooooove the pics, video (how creative!) \:D/

Thank you sooooooooo much Steering Committee! Lou, Chika, Karen & Cindy!

Cindy... My positive thoughts are being sent your way for sweet Kodi. :x

Looking forward to next year's ChowFest! Thank you to all who were able to make it this year! Absolutely great chowparents and chowdren!

And what a great idea Cher & Moomba...TV news coverage in San Francisco for next year!
/:) That'll give me some incentive to drop some weight! 8)

:biggergrin: NEWSFLASH..."Chow Chows Gather at ChowFest in San Francisco's xxxxxx..." Amazingly, a hoard of chow-chows of different colors descended onto xxxxx this past Sunday. They were with their human chow parents who call their chows their chowdren. Chow chows mingled peacefully amongst each other, with other chow parents and passerbys as well, who were all in awe of the beautiful thick, longhaired coated chows. It was a festive occasion with chow games such as the "most purple kisses contest, fastest treat eater and a different kind of marathon race to see who could hold a kerchief on their head the longest. In closing, bubbles were blown in respectful remembrance of all those chows who had passed on to what they called the "Rainbow Bridge." A place where all chows and other pets go when they leave planet earth. This ChowFest is held yearly. So if you have a chow chow and want to know more information about their ChowFests and where they are held go online to chow-chow.org. :biggergrin:
Jennifer & Sheena
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Thank you so much for another great time Lou, Chika, Karen, and Cindy. Your hard work is all appreciated. And thank you so much for the gifts and the memorial candle for Fozzie. Cindy, we definately missed you and hope all is well.

Boogie was embarrassed that he behaved so badly. In the car on the way home, Frank scolded him. He told him, "Boogie, you were a bad boy. You embarrassed yourself and your family." Boogie hung his head the whole way home and most of the night. When he came in to go to bed, he came in very solemnly with his head hung and came over to me for a hug and then over to Frank. I really don't know what got into him.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Happy you all had fun! The four of us enjoy putting the picnic together for everyone. Thank you ALL for your help too!

I edited the slideshow. I added more photos from Karen.

See everyone next year?! As for the press, well, only if Moomba's mom and Sheena's mom will go on camera on behalf of the SC!

P.S. I thought Boogie was a perfect chowboy at CF. What did he do? He wasn't like Tiggy's big brother, Yogi, who egged his little bro to be naughty with Boogie. Yogi eggs Tiggy on to do something naughty everytime they see each other!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Thank you for adding my pictures to your smilebox! I started to put something together earlier but was still tired from Sunday :roll: .
Many, many thanks to my fellow SC members and to those that arrived early to help get everything set up. All the food was great - and the treat bags were over the top.
I don't think we could have asked for a more perfect day on the Bay. My two were already getting into their snooze position before we got out of the parking lot!
\:D/ \:D/
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Those tiers worked perfectly for the group photos! Wonderful time! Thank you for sharing this with us all! Many handsome Chowbabies and their bipeds.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Awesome photos! Looks like y'all had an awesome time! :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Thank you very much fellow ChowFesters for making this another very special ChowFest! LEO is totally enjoying the great treats! And memories, what special memories with beautiful chows that will stay with us forever.

Looking forward to seeing you all at our next annual ChowFest, our 6th anniversary!

Leonora & mum