Sleeping with a lumberjack

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

rougedriner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sleeping with a lumberjack

Post by rougedriner »

I will soon have Bo for a month, he will be 5 months old. My Bear has always been a loud snorer. Last night I was lying in bed watching a movie and started hearing a strange noise. I muted the TV and it was Bo snoring. Bear sleeps on the right side of the bed, Bo on the left and it sounded like the lumber jack competitions =D=
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sleeping with a lumberjack

Post by Sirchow »

Our very small cavalier Alfie can outsnore Bramble any day. :lol: I-) I think it is down to the shape of their soft palate.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

:lol: Luckily neither Molly or Dusty snore. They have dreams sometimes and make little yipping sounds in their sleep!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Michael's Maggie May
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Michael's Maggie May »

When we first got Maggie May we put the crate in our bedroom, well I didn't get any sleep because of her snoring, I thought my grandfather returned from the dead. Two days of that and the crate got moved into the computer room, now after a year she is barking after 15 minutes of being in the crate. I think she is telling me she won't pee and I can trust her to sleep wherever she wants, we will see.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Haha! Tippsy out snores Jasper any time, but they both snore really loud. It's a wonder I can sleep with all of it, but it actually helps me sleep. :lol: It's hard for me to fall asleep and stay asleep when I stay over night away from them.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
GoHokiesGo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GoHokiesGo »

Honey snores and snorts loud enough to wake the neighbors sometimes. We tried at first to sleep with her, and neither me nor my wife got any sleep at all. Even if we just closed our door, she would sleep on the landing of the stairs and then it just echoed even louder! So most days she sleeps downstairs and she doesnt seem to mind at all.

However, the past few days we've been letting her sleep in the room again, and she's done great. She's been very quiet and slept in all weekend with us. If she makes noise, then I just get up and take her downstairs. I think a lot of Chows snore like crazy though, so nothing to be too alarmed about.
~Jason and Grace

and Honey, our Chow Chow