Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Chowfest

Post by kingalls »

Shiloh and Mr. Nahkohe here....well our Mom has been busy on the computer - emailing Lou, Cindy, Jen, and Chika ...sounds like quite an outing is in store for us this Sunday! We overheard Mom telling Dad about some extra special treats from across the pond...we checked all around Shiloh's pool but didn't see any treats - we're just wondering!! Mom's been brushing Shiloh almost every night and I overheard a message from the groomer :shock: about an appointment tomorrow morning ...

Milly and Mabel, Steel, Ms. Lily - are you coming, too?

Mr. N and Shiloh
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

you forgot JR and Cheyenne...the plane is picking them up too!
Or...just maybe...they will sprout their Chowlet wings!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

oh, dear!
We hope our Mommy's have reserved enough tables for our out of state cyberfriends - JR, Cheyenne, Ivana, Chubaka, Magda, Rogan, Special Dark, Max and Miah, Nanuk, Dakota...
Steel how big is that plane you are flying? we just checked that frappr map you have quite the passenger list!!

Shiloh & Mr. N
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Oh!
We are just going to pack our bags! Please can we sit together on the plane 'cos we always sit together? :) :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

If you miss the plane, don't forget about the Magic Carpet! Chows ride for free!

:x Miss PB
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Mummy heard you are in for a hot day, so bring lots of water, and a place you can all go that has the cold fans blowing. We want you all to be safe and have fun! We will be waiting for the plane at Hoffmaster Park, space 61...if Milly and Mabel don't mind, Pip and I will sandwich Steel. Pip would be happy if I found a new wrestling partner, and since her and Steel are about the same weight, it should be easy for me to handle him like I do ol' Pip. Mum says Steel is much younger and prolly stronger and faster than my Pipper, and I might just get MY fluffy butt handled. If for some reason we from the east don't make it, have a smashing good time!

Lily
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! We are getting a bit worried that we might not be able to make it on Sunday 'cos we get Sunday before you do in San Francisco! :D
If the aeroplane comes and gets us on Saturday, it will only be Friday night with you and then we will be too early..............or.................oh we are just going to have a nap to think about it! :?
chris

Post by chris »

Those bone chewing, treat eating, woofen time changes... :wall: .... now I have to re-think my route.. My plan is to call all dogs in my area to help out. We are going to sneek into the dark (the private run-way is always lit up) Mr. Miller's plan is in the LOOONG hanger out there in the corn feild.. Red flying cone looking thingy "plane is out and about" when its not out, that means the plane is in... I wont put it out...
We are going to push it out with all our might quietly... couple of my friends have longer tails and they are going to pull the perpellers.. (yep, sorry.. Mom says if Im going to hijack... er I mean ahh.. borrow a plane... my license only allows for perpeller ops/ not jet. :-( bummer... that adds flying time.. oh well...:-) OH dog poops... here comes mom... shhhhhhhhh

Chow
Steel
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Is alfie coming? Ziyear wants to have another pup to play with while riding. Are both sides of Steel taken? Ivana loves Steel. She likes younger pups. :D Mommy wants to sit next to Judy so she can play with the fuzzy pups. :lol:
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

sorry, JR and Cheyenne got in to this trip early so they have both sides of Steel taken...but maybe for a liver treat they could be bribed.

Cheyenne has offered her tail for the main propeller...it is huge. But a prop plane all the way over to England...geez that sure wil be a lot of tail wagging flying power...but lots of fun cause we will all be together!!!! \:D/
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

No liver treats we could sit across the isle.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
pannw1267
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pannw1267 »

Max and I love to go for long walks, so I started out today to pick him up along the way and RABBIT!!!! Oh my gosh, I saw a rabbit. I gotta, gotta catch that rabbit. Pant, pant, now where was I :? going again?Image
I'm getting more like my Mom everyday. She forgets what she's doing too and she doesn't even like to chase rabbits with me. :roll:
Patti & Jim, Max & Miah Image
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

.........Oh! Oh! We thought Steel was driving the aeroplane ............ :?: :?:
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Don't forget about the magic carpet! Harumph, fine, if you don't want to take my advice. I just wanted to offer an optional way in getting here. I know you all want the chartered flight Steel is comandeering.... but you'll see on Monday after the Chowfest! It's an e-ticket ride. Maybe I'll send it to SoCal to pick up Pekoe. Hmmm.... :postit-rolleyes: Miss PB
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Uhhhmmmm.... :evil:

Excuse me, but just because I happen to live all the way up here in Canada does that mean I don't get to be included?! Surely, Lou's magic carpet or Chris' plane could pop up here to pick me up, it wont take too long I promise. Geez, a girl gets a little older and loses her sight and suddenly all her so-called "friends" forget about her. HAARRUMPPHH!!

If you do decide to come get me, I'm pretty sure I could sneak some sirloin steaks out of the freezer (Grade A, all-organic Alberta beef from my Daddys farm) to take with us to the party.

And just so ya know, I'm gonna need an entire ROW of seats to myself. I prefer to stretch out length-ways on any seat I'm on and I'll also need something to rest my head on, oh yeah one last thing, I'll also need someone to hold a bowl of water up to my face every now & then just in case I might be thirsty, that way I dont have go to the trouble of raising my head. Ok then; that about covers it...when can I expect you??

Dakota
chris

Post by chris »

HAARRUMPPHH!! .... making changes to the chowschedual and route again... We can't forget our canadian friends.. "we better start out tonight if we are going to make it there by Sunday.. grooooowwwlllll.... ,
I am "driving" the plane.. .not to worry milly & mable. And, there is plenty of room.. if we kick out the parents.. er I mean ahhh... yeah, theres plenty of room ;-)

hmmmm.. I maybe booted out of my own plane... where do I pick up the magic chowcarpet?????

chow
Steel
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Miss Pooh Bear - what if we fall off the magic chowcarpet. Do you think we will be able to get on it. Do you think there will be room for baby Alfie and how can we make sure he stays on. Also, we cannot forget Leo, not Miss Baby Leo but big Mr. Leo who lives with baby Alfie - he won't want to let Alfie go without him, we are sure.
Oh! Oh! we are getting worried again so we are going out for a snooze to ponder on it all. :?
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Oh, it's okay. Everyone on Steel's manifest list should stay on track. I will contact the Magic Carpet people to swing up to Dakota since she is bringing organic steaks. Dakota, just so you know, the Magic Carpet seats are all first class. Pekoe's dad was a bit grumpy a couple of weeks ago when we were trying to get her over here via car. Saying Pekoe needed to stay home. I was thinking since the Magic Carpet ride originates from Arizona, I could send the Magic Carpet to Pekoe in the wee hours of the morn when her Dad is still asleep and Pekoe can sneak out, take the Magic Carpet and be back home before her Daddy noticed she was gone - like when she took that walk that one time. But I guess that's too risky and Mr. Jeff might get awfully mad at me. So, I'll contact the Magic Carpet people for you Dakota. Pack light.

:postit-smile: Miss Pooh Bear
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Sounds good Pooh Bear,

I'll be ready & waiting. I'm so relieved to know the seats will be first class, nothing worse than being packed in like sardines in coach...(sniff :roll: )

As for packing light, I need at least two carry-ons. One for my brush & comb, a blanket to sit on so I dont have to sit on the dirty ground, my medication, some of my puppy perfume so I smell real nice for everyone and my water bowl. My other carry-on will be filled with juicy steaks....can't wait.
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

By the way,

Steel, you look very handsome in your pilots uniform! :lol:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Yeah, those flyboys are so handsome in a uniform!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Steel,

You don't happen to play a keyboard while a lady named Toni sings, do you? If so, will you also be providing entertainment on your flight to the Chowfest. If so, everyone is so lucky. Unfortunately, the Magic Carpet ride does NOT offer on board entertainment. You might want to bring an iPod, Dakota.

:postit-cool: Miss Pooh Bear
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

We are back from the Chowfest! Oh, it was a glorious day!!! I had so much fun and boy does my big brother have a lot to say in his treat review column, but he's sleeping right now, so when he wakes up, he'll start at it. I will post photos soon on Shiloh and Mr. N's original post in the Special Events section... when Zhu wakes up so he can help me.

I'm sorry some of you did not make it. I hope the next time we have Chowfest that the part for Steel's plane will have arrived.

Now, Dakota... hmmm... what puzzles me is that I sent the Magic Carpet your way. I even had my big brother, Zhuyo, show me how to navigate the frappr satellite system. It showed a chow in the Magic Carpet going through a lemon storm. That was you, right? Oh, I hope so.

I do hope another chow we don't know did not hijak the Magic Carpet since you were a no show today. Or, was it you and you turned back because you missed your Mom and Dad... or perhaps... the Magic Carpet people only allowed one carry-on? Please advise so I can contact Customer Service.

Hugs and Kisses all!

:x Miss Pooh Bear
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Oh! Oh! Yes, once Mom and Dad got their directions straight with some help from Kodi, we finally arrived at Mitchell Park! We met Leo and Kodi first..then Ms Pooh Bear and Big Brother Zhuyo...later we met Sheena and Troy de Bad Boy.
It was a great day...although I (Mr. N) wasn't too sure about everything and Ms. Shiloh liked everyone!
I got kinda grumpy after a while and it was getting hot so Mom and Dad decided to leave early - but! on the way out we met Sheena and 'de Bad Boy! We really did have a good time but were ready to go home...man, the ride home was so hot...it was 111 degrees when we got back...Shiloh jumped in her pool and Mom turned on the fan for me...Oh!! and all the treats that Zhuyo and Ms PB sent us home with...and such a wonderful doggie bag with our picture on it!!!
We're kinda tired and Mom is still trying to put some pictures together...hope she figures it out soon.
Steel...sorry we had to leave before the plane arrived :(
We so wanted to thank M&M for the treats and met our local USA and International friends....next Chowfest??

Mr. N and Shiloh
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

It was soooo special! I never had so much treats in one day in my life :P I got to meet the big bros & sis and was all excited. I really wanted to play, but aside from Troy no one really wanted to wrestle w/ me :? Thank you Auntie Lou for the great goodie bags and a special air mail thank you to Auntie Judy for the goodies, too :P After getting home, I slept & slept till midnight. I guess the excitement & heat really got me. It was big big temperature change, too. We started out at 63F at 8am, got to the park at 9am, 81F. Left the park at 2:30, 110F!, got home an hour later and was 75F! Hope everyone gets a good rest :P
Paws & Purple Kisses, Baby LEO