Shower Chow.

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

DOHMAN
Rank 0
Rank 0

Shower Chow.

Post by DOHMAN »

Does anyone else's chow babies love the shower? I am not talking about actually taking a bath lol. Every morning when I take a shower she runs to the bathroom and sticks her head in the curtain to try to catch all the water falling down. Its the cutest little thing. Yesterday she even hopped in. I was so shocked. I find this very weird because her water bowl is full just a few feet away. She must be amused by the falling water.
kingalls

Re: Shower Chow.

Post by kingalls »

No shower chows in our house :lol: ...Nahkohe avoids water - no matter what! he is such a sad boy when it rains. Shiloh is a waterdog when it comes to her kiddie pool but we've never tried the shower or an actual bath...our cats have checked out the shower for about a spit second :shock:
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Cinder runs when the water goes on in the shower. Teddy just lies down on the bathroom floor and waits. Except once he made off with the bath mat and was sleeping on it in the bedroom when I got out of the shower. :o
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters likes to sleep in our shower. If the water is on, he is gone! He gives us that look like "why are you getting my bed wet?" :roll:
SweetPea Rocks!!
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

TJordan wrote:Butters likes to sleep in our shower. If the water is on, he is gone! He gives us that look like "why are you getting my bed wet?" :roll:
That is so funny that Butters sleeps in the shower!!! :D
Bear hates any form of water and refuses to go out in the rain. :roll:

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
Buddha4me
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Buddha4me »

Buddha likes to pop in the bathroom and check in on me if I am home alone taking a shower. I talk to him, and sometimes he acts like he's invisable. He's such a great watch dog, but when it comes to getting wet, not his cup of tea. When I wash my hands, I will fling the water at him and he tries to bite it, he loves that game, as long as it's not too much water.
Image Bouncing Buddha Bear
Ellie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ellie »

Maybe this's another similarity between some Chows and some cats. My cats love the shower - they won't come in while it's on heavy, but they'll sit just the other side of the curtain watching, and as soon as the shower is off, they'll race in and lick up the water off the shower floor :-8 My cat Maxie is also fascinated with the handbasin tap, and will leap up onto the basin and try and bite/paw the trickle of water. Eventually he puts his face on the side and drinks from it, and the water practically runs into his ear *lol*

Apparently this's a remnant from their wilder ancestral days, where it was dangerous to drink from stagnant pools, and running water was safer. I've considered getting my cats one of those drinking fountains, as they hardly ever drink from their bowl, I guess because it's still water. They even prefer the water from the fishtank over their bowl - it is fish-flavoured I suppose..... :D
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Ellie wrote:Apparently this's a remnant from their wilder ancestral days, where it was dangerous to drink from stagnant pools, and running water was safer.
Well apparently Coco didn't get the message because she *loves* to drink dirty water from mud puddles... :roll:
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

[quote="Coco Chow]Well apparently Coco didn't get the message because she *loves* to drink dirty water from mud puddles... :roll:[/quote]

Alf lost that memo as well.... He'll walk in every puddle he can get to & slurps as he goes :( YUK!
Thank you Elodie!
MontanaXman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MontanaXman »

Jake the Shower Chow

MontanaXman
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Henry like to poke his head around the shower curtain. He also like to watch the water in the toilet bowl when it's been flushed - he gives you one of 'those' looks if you close the lid too soon.

I'm gonna be interested to see if Henry likes to sleep in the shower bowl.
Thank you Sweatpea