Maxine

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Maxine

Post by Boogie and Linda »

We will send good thoughts her way that all goes well tomorrow. I still can't believe Maxwell is gone. I remember when you were thinking about adopting him and how happy you were when you did. I am glad that you will be able to take in another chow deeply in need of a home. I can't wait to hear all the Maxine stories now. How do you think Yoshi will do with a new chow in the house?
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Boogie and Linda wrote:We will send good thoughts her way that all goes well tomorrow. I still can't believe Maxwell is gone. I remember when you were thinking about adopting him and how happy you were when you did. I am glad that you will be able to take in another chow deeply in need of a home. I can't wait to hear all the Maxine stories now. How do you think Yoshi will do with a new chow in the house?

I know I read my firsts posts today, i learned so much, Maxwell had a zoomie the first day I got him and I thought he had fleas :D I miss him so much but he passed for a reason. I hope Yoshi will do well with Maxine, he is in love with Allie the golden retrieve and Maxine is so much prettier. Here are the pics I got a few minutes ago, no videos yet
http://www.picturetrail.com/flicks/6571217/preview

David
Last edited by Dogdad on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

oh David,is she a cutie :inlove:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Good luck Maxine! Our thoughts and prayers are with you today. David, please let us know how things go and try not to worry too much.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I will, I have conferences tonight until 7:30 but will check my home email as soon as I can. I am trying not to get to worried or excited about Maxine. It was a week today that Maxwell went in for surgery and that is still heavy on my mind. I did notice notice that Maxine looks just look Maxwell did the first day he was home, especially the snow pictures. I am excited but it is muted
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I just got this from Terrina
David,

Her surgery went fine. When I just called to check on her the girl came back and said she was awake and responded to her name. She is heartworm and lyme negative. I can pick up your little girl after 3:00.

Terrina
now I can allow myuself to get excited \:D/ \:D/
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

\:D/ \:D/ Awsome News \:D/ I'm sooooo glad she is ok =D=

Thanks Sweetpea!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so glad Maxine came through o.k.!! Another step toward getting your girl home!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Awesome news!!!
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

yay!! all systems go....im really happy for you....lucky maxine..
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I would have been surprised if she tested positive for either. It is not as prevalent in the North. Sounds like she is on a fast track to her new home!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so glad she is negative for both, heartworm isn't as prevelant as it is in the south, lymes is here.Our neighbors dogs died of it. By judging of how nice Maxine is and how healthy she is, I think her former family took good care of her, despite being abandonded, I am hoping that they did that because they knew the landlords would check out the house and take care of her.

Larry said Maxine is at home and doing well.

David
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I just saw Maxine's pictures. She is a darling! With love and care she'll be a real beauty.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
HarrysMom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HarrysMom »

Oh David she is absolutly beautiful :D and I am so Happy to hear she came thru her spaying with flying colors \:D/ \:D/ and with the HR and lyme negitive . She is going to have a great home with you and Yoshi.

Kris and Harry
you cant see me right? because you know my eyes are closed right?
chris

Post by chris »

She looks like she has the same type of coat that Steel has.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

David. I am so happy for you and ur family. I'm glad something good is haPpening for both you and maxine. Its kismet.
She is beautiful. Maxwell would be proud of you for givin this sweetie a wonderful home.
Lots of luck.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

After walkies this morning I found this waiting for me in my pm box. What a great way to start the day, walkies and a wonderful message
David,

Maxine slept pretty well last night. I did send Larry to get her some pain meds when he got home last night because she just looked so unfomfortable. To help keep her quiet we have her in a crate with a big blanket for her to lay on. When we got up this morning I took her outside and she went potty and when we came back in she went into the crate and laid on her blanket. She is a lot more comfortable this morning.

Every one at the Vets just fell in love with her. She was giving kisses to everyone she met. She is doing fine on Nutro Natural Choice. That is what we feed all the furkids here (well not the kitties) Since I prefer the poultry flavors we give them the Chicken, Rice and Oatmeal. We also mix in a fork full of the same kind of can food.

Larry will do her travel plans. She can in between 7 to 10 days to have her staples removed. I also wait for the 10 days. I will get her Health Certificate then so she can travel out of state. So we are thinking the weekend of the 14th.

Terrina

I am starting to get very excited, a new girl to brighten up our life. My sons are very excited and are making plans on how to introduce the dogs so they will get used to eachother. We are reading up on how to introduce the dogs and will take our time to try to make sure all goes well. Although I want her now, I am so happy that she will have the time to recooperate and be all ready for her new family. I am so grateful to Larry and Terrina who are taking such wonderful care of her as well as all the kind souls who have volunteered to transport her. Maxine certainly will have a lot of dear uncles and Aunties

David

David
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Great news! It seems she wins the hearts of everyone who is lucky enough to meet her. I'm glad she is feeling better this morning. Thanks so much for the update!
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Maxine sounds like such a sweet girl.
Larry and Terrina are the best :D
I'm am getting so excited for you David!
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

The answer is yes

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb58 ... maxine.flv

thanks Larry and Terrina, she looks so full of life.
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Ohhhh! What a great video. She looks so happy and playful. I hope Yoshi and Maxine end up being play buddies.

If transport works out for the weekend of the 14th, she can be your valentine chowchow!
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

David just looked at her pictures, she is a lot like my Zena was, I do wish you the best with your new little girl, and hope that Yoshi also falls in love with her.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

WHAT??? Is that Valentines Day, David :wink: Its meant to be....and I'm a wise ol' woman :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

OMG! She looks so sweet and happy in that video. Yoshi should be happy that she likes to play. \:D/
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

David, how bout callin her "maxine valentine"? Sounds like a great diva name.
I'm so excited for you all.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image