TLC Fund Raiser Auction

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

TLC Fund Raiser Auction

Post by Larry Harris »

Our quilt is here, please help us help them and bid high and bid often! Please spread the word on this auction.

TLC is working with other rescues, shelters, transporters etc. to save our beloved breed 'round the clock. We have been fortunate enough to have a Chow Chow adopter hand make this beautiful, one-of-a-kind Chow Chow Rescue Quilt. It is created from rescued Chow pictures. It is of high quality and very durable. Even though it looks like it could be a wall hanging, it is 100 percent usable! Many of Jan Mosher's quilts have lasted 25+ years with people as well as their Chows sleeping on them. She has put a beautifully stitched patch on the inside of it dedicated to those who love and help Chows. The auction should end soon enough so that the winner will receive the quilt before the Holidays. The reserve is low, so please bid up for rescue :)! Can't promise exact time of arrival for oversea bidders. It is 64W X 92L and pictured here. All funds from this quilt go right to our rescue, so that we help more Chows then ever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0291540594

Larry and Terrina Harris

TLC Chow Rescue
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: TLC Fund Raiser Auction

Post by fillyok »

This quilt is beautiful. I hope everyone's not too broke after the holidays to pay up!! :wink:
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

bump.

This quilt is beautiful. I love the different patterns of material she used on it. It is really going to be hard to ship this one out. It has a picture of my precious MiniMe on it.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Auction ends today!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I was surprised to see the auction didn't meet its reserve. What's the plan now? I'd buy raffle tickets...anyone else??
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Don't know what the reserve was?I looked,and it was beautiful,but the auction ended at 255,and that's a lot of money to a lot of people ,especially these days
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Desi wrote:Don't know what the reserve was?I looked,and it was beautiful,but the auction ended at 255,and that's a lot of money to a lot of people ,especially these days
Mom made a quilt for a man once who paid her $1000 for it and that was on the cheap side is what she was told. Right now with times being bad, people just arent spending the money like they did a few months ago. I don't know what the reserve was but $255 IMO would have been way to low.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Guess it was to close to the holidays. Handmade Quilts do go for $1000 dollars we had hoped for 4 - 500 for the rescue. The reserve was 350 BTW. I do like the idea of a raffle, will look into the how to and let everyone know. To put it in prespective that is one spay and 10 bags of Chow food enough for 6 weeks.

Thank you all,

Larry