My Christmas Gift from the Kids...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chris

My Christmas Gift from the Kids...

Post by chris »

The kids got me "chicken soup for the dog lovers soul" among (sp?) other things as well. The book is awsome! I love it. I cry I laugh I cry I giggle I cry I smerk.. hehehe... I can't put it down. I have come accross 1 story about a chow mix but Im not done with the book yet.. hoping there are more chowy stories. :-)

Anyone else get something chowy for xmas?
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: My Christmas Gift from the Kids...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

My mom gave me a chow Christmas tree ornament, and a calendar with a bunch of pictures of puppies and kittens and one has a chowling in it.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

After you're done with that one, look for Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs. So many good stories in that one.
ImageImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Tippsy'smom wrote:My mom gave me a chow Christmas tree ornament, and a calendar with a bunch of pictures of puppies and kittens and one has a chowling in it.
I picked up some stocking stuffers at Target - I got myself one stocking stuffer - a calendar with puppies & kittens and I think one of them is a chowling...maybe it's the same one you have? For a dollar, it was great to get!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Well I got Marley&Me for Christmas and oh my goodness...I finished it tonight and sobbed. I have never cried like that over a book or even a movie. Sheesh! Some of the book bothered me...made me mad...but what a tear jerker!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
aware
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aware »

We got a Chow calender.. as usual. My mom hunts for it every year. I made paw print ornaments for DH from each of the chowlings and the cat. It was so fun to see the chow babes in the snow... I will post some pictures soon.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I haven't read the book yet or seen the movie. I'm so far behind on the outside world!
I have decided to start a collection of movies that feature dogs...I mean, why not, right?
So, Marley and me sounds like a must have!!
Chris, thanks for your review, however we will expect a full book report by the end of the week, ok? :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I haven't read Marley & Me either and have been debating on going to see the Movie.......every book I have ever read and then watched the movie I was very disappointed in the movie, wonder if the Movie first would make the movie better???? I hate to ruin a good book though :roll:
I got a Chow calendar for myself :D but the paw print ornaments sound really CUTE can't wait to see pics....I may want to try that since I collect ornaments :wink:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

kingalls wrote:
Tippsy'smom wrote:My mom gave me a chow Christmas tree ornament, and a calendar with a bunch of pictures of puppies and kittens and one has a chowling in it.
I picked up some stocking stuffers at Target - I got myself one stocking stuffer - a calendar with puppies & kittens and I think one of them is a chowling...maybe it's the same one you have? For a dollar, it was great to get!
I believe it could be the same one. My mom being the goof that she is left pretty much ALL the price tags on ALL my gifts. :lol: And I think that one said it was a dollar.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

by aware on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:33 am

We got a Chow calender.. as usual. My mom hunts for it every year. I made paw print ornaments for DH from each of the chowlings and the cat. It was so fun to see the chow babes in the snow... I will post some pictures soon.
Do you know where you mom found the Chow calendar? I haven't been able to find one.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
aware
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aware »

Terrina Harris wrote:
Do you know where you mom found the Chow calendar? I haven't been able to find one.

Terrina

I will ask her and also get the publishers name for you when I get home tonight. She has been able to get us one every year for the past 5 years.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Barnes and Noble has them, I forget which one but Pet-smart or Pet-co has a calendar rack I have seen them mixed in with the other breed calendars. Lou also has one for sale with the Chows from this site or if all else fails, the internet.

http://www.freewebs.com/calendars4u/chowchow.htm

http://www.animalden.com/4248.html

http://calendars.cafepress.com/chow-chow
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
aware
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aware »

http://www.browntrout.com/calendars/res ... ?MGID=1479

Brown Trout Publishers has a new one every year.