Marley & Me - Book

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Marley & Me - Book

Post by Me & Tess »

My best friend from California sent me a book for Christmas. Marley & Me. When I opened the package and held the book I started crying. Mike said, well the is good. :cry: #-o I do resolve to read it soon. I know my eyes will be red & puffy, but I will read it.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Marley & Me - Book

Post by CoraP. »

I read that book and loved it. There are a lot of funny parts, not all sad. I think you'll enjoy it.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

Good book, has anyone read From Bagdad with Love?
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Bear's Mom wrote:Good book, has anyone read From Bagdad with Love?
I have, it was good. I also read Marley & Me and I cried like a baby at the end.

Another good one is Chicken Soup for the Soul : Loving Our Dogs
ImageImageImage
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Marley and Me is a great book! I couldn't put it down! It has its sad parts, but also some good parts. I did read it a few months shortly before Frisco passed, so the end kind of got to me. You will love it even through the crying! I can't wait to watch the movie and kinda wanna go see it opening day!

I started to read From Baghdad with Love at work and got sidetracked and never finished it. From what I read it was good!
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The movie Marley and Me opens Christmas day with Owen Wilson and Jennifer Anisten, Can't go wrong with that Combo.

http://www.marleyandmemovie.com/

Good thing they didn't release the movie before Christmas.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Marley is a good book although when I read it I was mad at the owner. I don't remember why but do remember thinking that the book wasn't as good as Amazing Grace Bagdad was good
mommashows
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mommashows »

I haven't read the book but saw an episode on the Dog Whisperer where Cesar visits the Grogan home. They got another Lab and wanted to raise it properly. The dog was going after their chickens and Cesar worked on that and brought in a retriever trainer. They are working with the dog retrieving.

I think many people have dogs like Marley and don't realize their dogs are frustrated and need exercise and often a job to do. The Grogans seem like a wonderful family. They loved Marley even though he caused such havoc. They have learned a lot about dogs and Marley was a big part of their learning. I believe every dog has something to teach us.

Carol
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

The book about the border collie, a good dog or whatever it was, did make me mad at the idiot who owned that dog.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I read Marley & Me and I didn't cry once.
I agree with David that Amazing Gracie was better and I love Chicken Soup for Dog Lovers Soul.excellent :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wallacethegreat »

Two more awesome books for Christmas gifts. I just finished both of them and wouldn't go to sleep until 2 or 3 a.m. 'cause I couldn't put either one down. One is The Story of Edgar Sawtelle (an amazing human and dog story--don't let the fact that it was an Oprah Book Club pick turn you off) and the other called The Art of Racing in the Rain, written in the dog's (Enzo) voice. Both very interesting, parts sad, some funny, but both books were just terrific!
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows