RESCUE QUILTS- Funds benefit TLC Chow Rescue

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

RESCUE QUILTS- Funds benefit TLC Chow Rescue

Post by muddydead »

TLC is working on rescue round the clock, so I am helping them promote this Custom Chow Chow Rescue Quilt. It is created from rescued Chow pictures from Larry and Terrina's and others they know. It is high, quality and very durable. Even though it looks like it could be a wall hanging, it is 100 percent usable! Some of Jan's quilts have lasted 25+ years with people as well as their Chows sleeping on them. She has put a beautifully stitched patch on the inside of it, dedicated to those who love and help Chows. It will be auctioned off on eBay and the auction should end soon enough so that the winner will receive the quilt before the Holidays. Will put the auction link up later, but they wanted the members here to have the first look.
It is 64W X 92L and pictured here. There are more links at the bottom for more photos. ALL funds from this quilt go right to TLC, so that they can keep helping even more Chows then ever!

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr21 ... IM4373.jpg
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr21 ... IM4361.jpg
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr21 ... IM4364.jpg
Last edited by muddydead on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Helping one Chow may not save the world, but it means the world to that one Chow
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: RESCUE QUILTS- Funds benefit TLC Chow Rescue

Post by jacqui »

OMG,they are beautiful.and what alot of work that goes into that.
I would love to bid on them :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muddydead »

I know, this one is beautiful...I can hardly wait to see the other one...it's even bigger. Larry is going to send me pictures after Jan sends it to him. Jan Mosher is an amazing quilter and a devoted Chow lover and mom! She has a huge heart donating them just for Chow rescue!
Helping one Chow may not save the world, but it means the world to that one Chow
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

What a great idea! They are beautiful!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
chris

Post by chris »

O M G!!!! me too me too me too....... but what if I dont get the bid? Can we just buy them outright and the proceeds go to TLC?
muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muddydead »

Hi Chris-
I dunno, I just got a couple of emails from Larry, You could probably ask him. I believe they are putting them on eBay with some kind of reserve price.
The quilter, Jan Mosher might be able to do a custom quilt. She is in of all places, San Diego right now (where the 10 confiscated death row Chows are :cry: )
I'll see if someone can get a hold of her and ask when she comes back! That would be something!
Last edited by muddydead on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

That's awesome!!! This should bring in a pretty penny for the rescue. =D=

I've been working on a "crazy puppy" quilt for TLC for about a year now...need more hours in the day. :(
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

It is great to see they are getting help. I will gladly bid on the quilt. If anyone finds the auction, please post the link

David
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Security Leak oops:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0288133212 starts tomorrow 6am PST

Larry
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Thanks
muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muddydead »

The auction has been modified and has a low reserve instead of and initial starting price. Sorry I had to edit some things here and there. I heard bits and pieces from everyone and when Larry got back we were able to get everything straightened out. Wanted to get it up for auction before the Holidays. I really hope that it does bring in something for them. I know that their medical bills for the rescues alone has been very high this year.
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

This quilt is beautiful. My mom makes quilts every winter. I wonder what she'd say if I asked her to make one of Gracie. :) Is the quilt totally hand quilted or was it machine quilted?
muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muddydead »

I know that Jan puts it all together, the blocks and designs it....I am not that familiar with how you make a quilt, but I think her friend does the batting(?) part.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

From the pics on ebay, it looks like it was long-arm quilted (machine). It's beautiful, that's for sure.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I just saw there's a note on the auction that's it's been stopped. Anyone know why???
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

This quilt has been removed from auction. It will be posted again at a later date and by the owner. TLC will be posting the quilt that was hand made for us as soon as it arrives.

Thank you all,

Larry
chris

Post by chris »

but why was it removed?
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Chris,

It is my fault not the owner. Brenda has requested that she be able to promote and sell the quilt under her rescue name. I am sure it will come back up on eBay. We were trying to help promote it as the list knows us well and my not know her rescue. Lets just say in pet rescue there are differences and they can be personal.

It is no reflection on her she loves and saves Chows and we thank her for all of the hard work she puts into the effort. When the quilt comes back to auction we will let all of you know so you can bid and bring this wonderful quilt home. Jan the lady who made both of the quilts, one for TLC and one for Brenda wants to help both rescues save Chows. After looking around on eBay some hand made quilts go for $1000 or more. OMG that will save a lot of Chows that desperately need us all.

Larry