Need help transporting Abby from OH to FL

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Need help transporting Abby from OH to FL

Post by sdasilva27 »

I have applied to adopt Abby and have said they will allow a long distance adoption but that it can get tricky. I have no reason to think my application will be denied, so I want to start planning for her sooner than later. Is there anyone in the Ohio area (and in between) that would assist in transporting Abby?

She is currently in a foster home. Her shelter's name is "Save R Dogs" in Cleveland, Ohio.

Here she is:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=11049409

I tried posting her picture but I must not have done it right since it won't show up, sorry!

ImageImage
Last edited by sdasilva27 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Need help transporting Abby from Ohio to Florida

Post by CoraP. »

Oh, I am so happy to hear this! I thought Abby sounded like the perfect girl for you! I am in PA and can't help with the actual transportation, but if you need monetary donations, I'd be glad to help with that! Good luck...I hope you'll be able to work things out!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

Well I would love to fly her so she doesn't have to be cooped up in a car (about 1100 miles) and I think it might be really hard to coordinate that long of a transport. KatiesMom called Continental for me and said that it'd be $249.00 plus $0.45/lb fuel surcharge (up to 70 lbs). The last time her weight was updated on petfinder was July, she was 35 lbs then plus 20 lbs or so for her crate. I'm hoping she's gained a little bit of weight since she's been in the foster home. I'm estimating about $280 to fly her plus whatever her adoption donation is. My fiance is going to tell me I'm nuts to pay that. Any and all monetary donations would be sooooo appreciated. I'm not sure how to do that though...do I have to set up an account for charitable donations? I wonder if the shelter will accept and record all donations and then I'll just pay the remainder. I'll have to find out from them, that'd be great if they'd do that. I cannot believe how absolutely wonderful all of you here are. I'm going to have to tell Abby stories about how these wonderful people helped bring her to me!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I would be able to send a small donation.please give us more details when you can :D
this is very exciting!
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

Trust me, I will. If everyone I know between myspace and college and those awesome websites ;) donates just $2, it would cover the entire cost to fly her. But you know it's impossible to get everyone to do it! I'm gonna try real hard though, I'll pester my friends until they finally do it just to make me shut up, lol
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

well,think of it this way,if you went to buy a chow pup it could cost 700.00-1000.00. so if you have to put in some money for shipping thats not too bad and the bonus is you've saved a life :D
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

Oh I know :) I just think it would make a way awesomer story if I could say everyone donated $2
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I was going to give more but if you only want $2.00 :wink:
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

Haha, you know I'll take whatever I can get! I just started a cause through facebook, now those guys are the ones that I expect to send $1 if anything. It stinks being poor during college! But any at all help would certainly help at least to get going. Then one day after we're off and running, we'll certainly be able to donate to someone else!!!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

well,more important than you donating to someone else just make sure you have enough for Abby should medical problems arise.
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

Don't worry about that. I've already started a savings account just for her that way in case unexpected vet bills arise, it won't hit my wallet so hard if I contribute a little every paycheck. I'm trying to do this all right, I just hope it all works out. I've already gotten so excited. I already picked out her collar and everything that I'm going to get for her and take her to the pet store so she can pick out some toys with me - after all they are for her, why should I pick them all out?
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

you will be a Great Chowmom.I'm so excited for you :D
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Need donations/help transporting Abby from OH to FL

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Yay! I'm so glad I was looking through Petfinder and posted her. :D Let us know all the details about airfare, etc.
ImageImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Need donations/help transporting Abby from OH to FL

Post by CoraP. »

When do you think you'll hear about your application?
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Need help transporting Abby from OH to FL

Post by sdasilva27 »

They told me 1 to 2 weeks. I guess we'll work out the transport just after that. I can't believe how excited I'm getting. I will keep you all posted.

I am soooo glad you posted her too!