Local Humane Shelter Facing Tough Times

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Local Humane Shelter Facing Tough Times

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

DH heard about this on the news this morning and so I went on a drive after work. This is the human shelter that is just outside of the town that we grew up in. They have already run out of their budget for the YEAR due to high volumes of pets being dumped at the shelter. They were pleading for any type of help, especially FOOD for the dogs because they literally ran out.

I stopped and picked up 100 pounds of dog food and took it over to them and when I got there it was very heartwarming to see hundreds of bags of dog food, cat litter, etc that people had dropped off just today. And almost everyone who was dropping off food went in to see the animals up for adoption. I saw one dog being taken home =D=

I hope that they are able to get out of this mess so that they can help more animals.

http://www.wanetv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8756811
ImageImageImage
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Local Humane Shelter Facing Tough Times

Post by chowkidz »

=D= =D= That was very thoughtful of you. Hopefully more people will keep giving food and maybe just maybe more will be adopted. It's disgusting to see charities suffer while the gas companies are making billions.
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage